O/D OFF light flashing

nanate25

Sep 5, 2007
Is there a way to get the trouble code for the O/D light? I changed the plugs and wires and drove the car a little harder than my wife does and now the light flashes after cruising about 55 for a while. It's a 2000 V-6. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Nate

• Sponsors (?)

The OD light is flashing because the transmission hs set a code, Take it to your local auto parts store and let them scan if for free. Then come back with the code number and the discription of the code.

I don't know about mustangs, but that year superduty will do the same thing with different sized tires, gears, a loose speed sensor plug on the rear diff or a faulty speed sensor. As mentioned, get it scanned. I think ford stuff all goes throught the same OBDII plug but may take a different or better scanner, some others (chevy) have a seperate drivetrain diagnostic plug.

edit: I spelled diff : doff

that light usually indicates a tcc lockup problem....ive never seen it on a mustang before but the ford trucks (usually mid to late 90s) will flash that code when there is a torque converter lock up problem. i hope that isnt your case but just a heads up