Brakes O.k. Two weeks ago i started cobra brake swap on my 93 lx.

nickyb

I gotta say i never painted my nuts, Never Ever
15 Year Member
Apr 3, 2009
nevada
I did biggest pita first,master/booster.then went on to do rear,drums off axles out backing plates gone,all new brakelines,and cables,parking brake fix.New rims tires.This weekend I did front. Today driving to work and back car seems off.It's like the steering is too easy? I NEEDED A LITTLE AIR IN TIRES LIKE 10 PSI.AND I ADJUSTED TO ADJUST TO CENTER STEER ING WHEEL,ok cra p cap lock on.Anywho has anyone got that same feeling or I'm I just nuck IN futs?

• Sponsors (?)

You'll have to get the toe set properly. If you are toed out just a little bit, he steering will feel very loose.

Spin the tie rods in a turn and see if that helps, but go get an alignment.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Ditto to what was said above. Excessive toe out will make the steering very sensitive to movements away from center.

You'll probably need a full alignment as camber probably also changed when you installed the 5 lug spindles.

Are you now, or possibly in the future, planning on converting to coil-overs? If yes, then Maximum Motorsport for sure, if no, then any brand name should be good to go, just avoid no name ebay specials.

Are you now, or possibly in the future, planning on converting to coil-overs? If yes, then Maximum Motorsport for sure, if no, then any brand name should be good to go, just avoid no name ebay specials.
Coilovers,sometime ? No way eBay ,but I've seen team z,u.p.r.,and sve ,on sale just looking for users of some less expensive plates.

If you think coilovers are in your future then go with CC plates fabricated in steel,NOT aluminum.
Also,if Maximum Motorsports cc plates are not in your budget then save a bit longer and wait until they show up on their "Deal of the Day" sale that's happening this time of the year.

God luck

Got team z c.c. Plates waiting to go on.In the meanwhile, I've had a mushy pedal all week lomg,on my days off I bled the cra p outta them brakes,and bled and bled,still mushy pedal.no leaks so I pulled master and replaced with new one,bled again and wow! Hit the brakes and almost went threw the windshield.But now the brakes stick when I put little pressure on them,when I hit the pedal it releases.hard braking no issues.both front and rear stick and brake light stays on.WTF? I ADJUSTED brake booster rod according to mm .site. I had no sticking before master change,I'm stumped,help.

Got it! Believe it or not my master/booster was cocked to the right, nuts loose,adjusted and tightened. All Good

Reactions: 1 user
I am glad you knew how to do astring alignment so you were not looking at the cost of a new pair of tires in a short time. With all the changes parts, it’s surprising it went down the road even that well before adjustments.
When I was looking at CC plates ten years ago, I took into account the top bushing/bearing material and if they were meant for lowered cars or not. If you do not have it lowered, are street driving, AND do not have alignment range of adjustment issues, the stock ones may be your best choice. Otherwise, the cheapest aftermarket ones are not likely to be what you want. I like these because of the poly bushing for enthusiastic street driving, not a spherical, metal one. They also look good and mount the strut higher for lowered cars So the strut is closer to the middle of it’s intended use range. The instructions do not specify what to do left or right, and BBK’s phone rep that day did not know what to tell the alignment shop pro, but putting them in the same has worked well. I am not sure this is the best price, but I like LMR’s catalog.

Wow, I just finished string alignment of toe in.The car drives,steers fantastic.Gonna shop caster camber plates , and buy this weekend.