Engine O where, O where, does this hose go...

Discussion in '1994 - 1995 Specific Tech' started by ILWakeboarder87, Mar 21, 2013.

  1. Hey guys so today I was doing plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and fuel pressure regulator. While getting the bolts off the regulator my arm apparently hit a old hose that has been extremely dry rotted. It runs from the back of the head/engine somewhere and then over to the passenger rear side of the engine bay. I have a couple crappy cell phone pictures included of where it runs to. You can see the hose laying over the side of the fender, that is the dry rotted part that came from somewhere behind the engine. It runs to the small cylinder sensor or whatever it may be, and then over to the passenger side firewall.

    I ran my hand all down the back trying to find the location of where it would be at, but cannot seem to feel anything.

    Started her up and sounds like a freaking snake. I cannot seem to pinpoint where it's coming from beside the backside of the engine by the firewall.

    Stock 1994 Mustang GT 5.0L - Nothing removed really from stock but broken/worn parts.

    So as the title... o where o where, does this hose go.

    P.S. Been trolling/searching the forum for awhile. Appreciate all the other help i've gotten off here.


    Attached Files:

  2. Vacuum nipple on the bottom of the upper intake manifold I believe.
  3. It appears to be the line from the charcoal canister in the passenger fender to the solenoid purge valve and then to the upper intake where the vapors are drawn into the engine to be burned off. See if this drawing helps