O2 Delete

• Sponsors (?)

No. Just make sure it has bungs for the sensors. Later model (96+) computers typically need MIL eliminators. EEC-IV is not as sensitive to modifications, so nothing like that is necessary.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Like previously said, it's only necessary to delete the function on of the 2 rear O2 sensors on 96+ cars. Those are in place for emissions self monitoring. 95 and older cars don't have them.

Kurt

There's a lot of misinformation or unclear information. Yes, you need the O2's as the ECU relies on the signal to adjust the fuel load for years prior to '96. The O2's prior to the '96 were in front of the cats. Later years O2s are both before and after the cats. The downstream O2s need to to be replaced with a MIL eliminator to prevent a CEL The forward O2s need to be present as the ECU is using the signal to adjust fuel load. The off road mid pipes may or may not have bungs installed. Every shop will have bungs that can be welded into the pipe so the O2s can be installed.

What hp did you gain going to offroad x?
Is it worth the upgrade?
Ehh not so much. No bolt-on parts are worth much really. They keep the hobby alive but you won't be out running anything that you previously couldn't. My fox came w an off road bbk x. The fumes in the cabin sucked but it sounded ok. When I had to get er inspected I added cats, it was a little quieter and smelled worlds better but I can't say that it was any slower than before.

Reactions: 1 user