O2 sensor question - Need wire diagram / Have Chiltons

rdtavape

Jun 1, 2018
Tucson, AZ
So I’m getting a dtc o2 sensor heated circuit malfunction so I got into the harness to find one of the wires was bare wire. Cooked off the insulation so I followed it towards the engine as far as I could until it goes up to the top of the bell housing the i dont know which way it goes from there. Can I cut that wire and tape it off and splice into the one going to the bank 2 sensor?

• Sponsors (?)

So I’m getting a dtc o2 sensor heated circuit malfunction so I got into the harness to find one of the wires was bare wire. Cooked off the insulation so I followed it towards the engine as far as I could until it goes up to the top of the bell housing the i dont know which way it goes from there. Can I cut that wire and tape it off and splice into the one going to the bank 2 sensor?

You need to find both ends of that wire and inspect all adjacent wires to ensure they've not been burned through.

Do you have a wiring diagram? If not, maybe someone on-forum does.

I give up! What model Year Mustang are we dealing with?

If the is a 1999-2000 the O2 sensors heaters are all on the same RD/YE circuit going back to fuse F2.8.

If you want to try to bypass the wire IMO it's very important to fully visually inspect the whole wiring harness down stream of the burned location.

I give up! What model Year Mustang are we dealing with?

If the is a 1999-2000 the O2 sensors heaters are all on the same RD/YE circuit going back to fuse F2.8.

If you want to try to bypass the wire IMO it's very important to fully visually inspect the whole wiring harness down stream of the burned location.
I’ve followed the wire down the harness to where it gets up and out of reach above the bell housing. The wire in question goes to the pcm. I’m gonna check the ccrm and see if I can find it.

The CCRM and PCM are not the same things. The PCM is located inside the right side passenger kick panel. The CCRM is located inside the front right hand fender well.

For the 1997 model year, all of the O2 sensors are on the same circuit with power via the red (R) wire. What is wire color of the burnt wire?

I'm a big believer in "know your enemy". The more information that you have the better. I don't mind paying for accurate factory diagrams and service manuals. IMO they are worth more than the weight in gold. I have an AllDataDIY.com subscription for every car that I own.

The CCRM and PCM are not the same things. The PCM is located inside the right side passenger kick panel. The CCRM is located inside the front right hand fender well.

For the 1997 model year, all of the O2 sensors are on the same circuit with power via the red (R) wire. What is wire color of the burnt wire?

I'm a big believer in "know your enemy". The more information that you have the better. I don't mind paying for accurate factory diagrams and service manuals. IMO they are worth more than the weight in gold. I have an AllDataDIY.com subscription for every car that I own.
the Burnt wire was red and green I believe. I checked the harness at the ccrm and will check at the pcm when I get back home. I cut out the burnt wire as far as I could and spliced into the same colored wire going to the bank 2 sensor. I’ll post results once I take a look at the pcm harness and drive a little bit. Thanks.