Engine Odd Favor To Ask...

RangerJoe

I leave the horn on while driving
15 Year Member
Apr 26, 2010
Georgia
Well, I am currently saving for my next endeavor (AFR gauge w/ data logging/PMS/Nitrous). So I am broke at the moment. I picked up a set of ET Drag Radials a few weeks ago, so I am trying to get the most out of my car until next year when I have saved enough to buy the above. I have been reading up on Baselinesuspension.com, and want to plot my suspension and try to make it as efficient as I can, without buying a bunch of new parts.

I need to figure out my instant center of gravity measurement. The simple, common man way is to measure the height of your camshaft and use this number. However, that is a little hard to do with a fully dressed motor. Does anyone have a short block laying around? If so, could someone please measure the center of the crank to the center of the camshaft? I can measure the crank bolt on my car, then add whatever the distance you come up with to get a pretty close measurement.

On another note. When measuring bolt hole to bolt hole for upper control arm length, do I measure they actual path followed by the control arm? In other words, the upper control arms are angled towards the center of the pumpkin. Do I measure this path, or should it be more of a straight measurement from the pumpkin to the body of the car, using 90 degree angles to measure? I have probably lost most of you at this point, but maybe someone can understand my screwed up thinking?

Thanks in advance!

Joe

• Sponsors (?)