Odd Noise?

Sn97azgt

Feb 27, 2018
Anyone come across this noise my car is making? Only seems to happen when the engine has a load on it. Mainly accelerating but now on deceleration also. Everything looks tight under it..listen beyond the exhaust notes. It's like a clicking/squeaking sound

View: https://youtu.be/nCCluAw8uB4

Any help would be great, it's driving me nuts haha

• Sponsors (?)

Really hard from the video to tell, your gonna have to do some investigating, first thing I would do is unload the serpentine belt and spin the alt, ps, ac and adjuster pullies,
Can you rev it up in neutral and make the sound?

Really hard from the video to tell, your gonna have to do some investigating, first thing I would do is unload the serpentine belt and spin the alt, ps, ac and adjuster pullies,
Can you rev it up in neutral and make the sound?

No it doesnt make a sound at idle/revs. Only seems to do it under load. It does a popping noise and I feel it in the shifter though when it does it

I have limited experience with the mod engine family, that said the shop I hang around at has dealt with cam chain tensioners and guides mostly on truck engines so with the noise and the popping it maybe a possibility. This is only a guess, there are a lot of other things in the drivetrain that could make a noise when accelerating but few would cause the popping noise in the engine if that is where it's coming from.

Hmm.. never heard of this before. It's doesn't show any signs of lacking power. Everything feels and drives the same just makes that squeaking noise and random pop. Thought it may have been u joints but those are fine, crawled under it today

Jack up the drive wheels and put stands under it turn the wheels by hand first if no noise or irregular feel start it up and put it in gear and run it up a little and try to simulate when it makes the noise, block the front wheels to keep it safe.

Did that on a lift yesterday. Rear wheel bearing seems to be going, driver side rear wheel had some slop moving it with my hands in the 12 and 6 position. Other side seemed ok. But I can't see that causing the noises I'm hearing. Only getting worse it seems