Odd Problem After Installing New Battery

1987stangman

Jul 12, 2006
Hello everyone, it's be a very long time since I have really participated on stangnet.com but I have a strange problem I may or may not have already resolved but it bothers me enough to to post up what happened to see if anyone else may have already ran into this and knows what happened.

Last Monday morning I went I to the garage to leave and the battery was dead. It was just time for a new one and I knew it was comming. I removed the old battery and took it to advanced to have it tested and had to end up buying a new on. Took it home and installed it and continued my day from there. There has been two different days when I was in the garage and noticed that the lights had come on on there own, even though I never touched the Kew fob or open the door. My car does have the optional active alarm. It thought it strange but other wise the car operated normally the whole week. I was off today so I didn't use the car until I decided to go out this evening and load some stuff up so I didn't have to do it in the am. The first thing I noticed was I would use the key fob to unlock the trunk. I jumped into the car and started it up and noticed that there were several lamps on the cluster that were on that are never. They where stability and track control lites and my ac and radio. The TPMS like was flashing also. I read over the owners manual and could not find anything that might suggest a new battery install could cause these issues and not DTC's where found so I ended up disconnecting the neg term to the battery and reconnected it which solved the problem. Any one else com across this? Also radio and ac would not work. Anyone with some ideas would be good.

Brian

• Sponsors (?)