Off-Road h pipe on a GT? Why?

• Sponsors (?)

first off welcome to stangnet!

now to your question

an off-road pipe H or X means that its not legal for street use... only for "off-road" like the track... it doesnt mean that its made for your mustang to go muddin...

when its off-road it doesnt have cats...

dmarco_4u said:
Welcome to Stang Net,

Did you know we have this cool thing, that we call the search bar. I think you should try it. its pretty cool
:rolleyes: Nice welcome.....
Anyway, an off road H means that it is not street legal, no cats. Why do we put these on our cars...it's easy...they make the car louder than an H with cats!! :)

gfhoward said:
Sorry, typical NooB mistake. Is a "cat" a catalytic converter, and if so, don't you need one to pass Texas emissions inspection?

welcome, and yes it is a catalytic converter.And stock, you come out with four.By removing them, it makes the car louder, and you gain some hp (horsepower) :nice: .Techinically it's illegal to run on the street, but I think a couple people do anyway. :D Yeah, you would have to have them to pass inspection,but you could always put the stock one back on for inspection, or so I've heard.

Thanks for the welcome ya'll, I'm hunting for a Stang right now, and trying to make sense of some of the mods I'm coming across. Such as, what the heck are "two new Conti's"?? And is a car that is lowered one inch a good thing? Thanks for the help!

hey man... a hpipe does alot more than make you car sound "ccol." a h-pipe give your mustang more horsepower by "scavenging" exhaust gases and equalizing the pressure int the exhaust tubes. they are a must on mustangs baecause we have true-dual exhaust. people say that x-pipes make better horsepower taht is true simple because tehy scavenge better. they also have a different sound than a h-pipe. hope this helps you.