Off road H- pipe,,oxygen sensor??

willys1

Dec 2, 2003
New Jersey
I want to get an H-pipe without cats,but my mechanic says the check engine light will be stuck on,because the H-pipe wont have a hook up for the oxygen sensor.How do you guys get around this?????

• Sponsors (?)

your mechanic is smokeing crack the have o2 bungs welded in. if it is 94 or later i think they have 4 o2's but you would have to get simulator's. but all of the h-pipe's i have ever had have had bungs on them.

Theres a hook up for your O2 sensors on an off road H-pipe. My car is a 88 and dosent even have a check engine light.

It will sound awesome when you change the stocker to a O/R h-pipe.

Most O/R H pipes have O2 bungs in them. I buddy of mine even had a smog pump tube for his, even though it didn't have cats. You need the sensors for a computer controlled car, or not only will the check engine light be on, but it will run rich and run like crap.

Its a 93lx,I never looked myself,I just took his word for it that the stock h-pipe has an electrical hook up,and the off road doesnt! But are you saying the off road has a electrical hook up for the sensor???

StonysGT said:
i bought an off road from summit. it was a pacesetter and only cost like 120 and it works perfectly fine it had the o2 spouts and a smog pump connector pipe. never had a problem. ive had mine on for 2 years now.
So the s.pump connects too,I'LL talk with him tomorrow and let you know what he says.

willys1 said:
Its a 93lx,I never looked myself,I just took his word for it that the stock h-pipe has an electrical hook up,and the off road doesnt! But are you saying the off road has a electrical hook up for the sensor???

My car is a 93 LX 5.0 I put a mac off road h pipe on it and it works fine. There is bungs welded in the h pipe all you have to do is screw in the o2 senors and plug them in.

If you have a jack, jack stands, basic tools and a little patience you could do it yourself. Heck, with the money you save on labor your could buy a jack and stands even. Half the fun of having a mustang is doing your own modifications IMO.