Who gets stuck with the bill?

• Our rental company

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • My roomies and me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rugster

Aug 31, 2004
So my roomates and I got our water bill for our place on campus (GO BUCKS) and the bill is $255! Thats 4 times what we usually pay. So we went down in the basement to check the meter and our basement has a couple inches of water in it and the hot water tank is spewing out water like crazy. So my question is, who should pay our water bill, the rental company? Or do we get stuck with the huge bill? Its their faulty equipment that created this situation.

• Sponsors (?)

You should be covered. Years ago, my family and I went on vacation. When we came back, we had a water bill about as big. Turns out, the neighbor that lived kiddy-corner to us in the back yard had ran a hose from our place while we were gone to help fill his new pool faster. I guess he got caught doing it with two other neighbor's water, and those angry neighbors came and told us what happened when we got back. We didn't have to pay any of the bill at all, and my dad ended up going over to the thieve's house with a few other neighbors and ripped all of the filter and pump plumbing off, draining it about 3/4 of the way overnight.

You should be covered. Years ago, my family and I went on vacation. When we came back, we had a water bill about as big. Turns out, the neighbor that lived kiddy-corner to us in the back yard had ran a hose from our place while we were gone to help fill his new pool faster. I guess he got caught doing it with two other neighbor's water, and those angry neighbors came and told us what happened when we got back. We didn't have to pay any of the bill at all, and my dad ended up going over to the thieve's house with a few other neighbors and ripped all of the filter and pump plumbing off, draining it about 3/4 of the way overnight.

:lol: