83.8 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_2411.jpg
    IMG_2411.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_2429.jpg
    IMG_2429.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 94
  • Sponsors (?)

honestly adam, and this is just my .02... i sprayed my bay partially semi gloss black just to get an idea... and maybe its just because my car is dark, but i dont like it... in a sense i do, but in a sense i dont... to me in my bay, it looked too dirty... now if i had a bay like urs, id paint it vehicle car with some clear coat on it to match the rest of the car... i think it would look sexy..

again, thats just my opinion... food for thought! ur doin a hell of a job btw, props!

honestly adam, and this is just my .02... i sprayed my bay partially semi gloss black just to get an idea... and maybe its just because my car is dark, but i dont like it... in a sense i do, but in a sense i dont... to me in my bay, it looked too dirty... now if i had a bay like urs, id paint it vehicle car with some clear coat on it to match the rest of the car... i think it would look sexy..

again, thats just my opinion... food for thought! ur doin a hell of a job btw, props!

thanks man!

It will look ten times better. Out of the factory they weren't completely perfect. Just ask killercanary I found some imperfections in his engine bay he said it came from the factory like that.

Yea but i cant afford to get it towed somewhere to get the bay painted right... and noone i know is willing to help me out... me and chris dont know body work.... SO its gonna get rattle canned...

Buy some body color rattle cans on-line... they are not cheap but still a heck of a lot cheaper than getting it to a bodyshop...

Actually some body chops can make rattle cans for ya too...

The whole problem is getting it there.... and getting it back.... :/ kinda sucks... because i dont wanna half ass it after its been off the road for a year now... maybe ill buy a cheap gravity feed gun and spray it... i dont know

How about a $20 dolly from Uhaul?

Been considering it man... Thanks for the idea i didnt realize they were that cheap! ill make some phone calls to my friends dad this week... I really want it to look good... but im getting so much satisfaction out of doing it my self. Chris has been a big help... hes been my friend for a long time... hes over on the SVT boards but i met him back in the probe days... he taught me alot... I also wouldnt of been able to do it if it wasnt for the motivation of everyone on here... I know my progress is slow... but being a chemistry major takes alot out of me..

Been considering it man... Thanks for the idea i didnt realize they were that cheap! ill make some phone calls to my friends dad this week... I really want it to look good... but im getting so much satisfaction out of doing it my self. Chris has been a big help... hes been my friend for a long time... hes over on the SVT boards but i met him back in the probe days... he taught me alot... I also wouldnt of been able to do it if it wasnt for the motivation of everyone on here... I know my progress is slow... but being a chemistry major takes alot out of me..

Good on yea man for keepin at it, i know how easily it is to get discouraged and not finish

Well Put in some time on the car today... Seam Sealer sucks... "Sandable" my ass... it gets hot and sticky and moves around while clogging all sand disks/ pads. So being that i used a ton of it i just gave up... THe panels had to be stripped bare to give me a fresh start... the one side wasnt that bad... but i stripped it anyway... Used alot less sealer. Did some sanding and clean up with paint thinner then moved on to bondo a few dented spots and sand that down as well... I threw down a light layer of primer on the one side to see how it looks... One or 2 more days of sanding and prep to go i think im stoked!
After the long day i took the g/f out to dinner for putting up with me.
on to the pics!:nice:
Not so good:
DSCF5274.jpg

DSCF5275.jpg

DSCF5277.jpg

Stripping Down:
DSCF5280.jpg

DSCF5281.jpg

DSCF5281.jpg

New Sealer:
DSCF5289.jpg

DSCF5293.jpg

Some Bondo:
DSCF5305.jpg

DSCF5306.jpg

Sanded and light primer:
DSCF5307.jpg

Ending the night:
View attachment 278042
Random: (Chris' Fully Custom Probe big brake upgrade looks so sick!)
DSCF5287.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF5274.jpg
    DSCF5274.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCF5275.jpg
    DSCF5275.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 88
  • DSCF5281.jpg
    DSCF5281.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 103
  • DSCF5277.jpg
    DSCF5277.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCF5280.jpg
    DSCF5280.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 89
  • DSCF5289.jpg
    DSCF5289.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 105
  • DSCF5281.jpg
    DSCF5281.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 88
  • DSCF5293.jpg
    DSCF5293.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 98
  • DSCF5305.jpg
    DSCF5305.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 104
  • DSCF5306.jpg
    DSCF5306.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 102
  • DSCF5307.jpg
    DSCF5307.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCF5287.jpg
    DSCF5287.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 93
I have been putting about 6-8 hours in on my car every day at chris' mother inlaws house in the freezing cold. weather sucks but im really motivated to finish the bay and put in the tubular k and start the wire tuck...

I did some thing im not sure is a good idea... I cut a notch out of part of the frame by the bumper. I also need to finish sanding the front triangle area behind the headlight... Any good ideas to get down in there????

Ill have pics posted tonight im getting alot closer on this thing! i also have off from class on thursdays... So im gonna drive the 2 hours every wen. night and stay at my g/fs house then go work on the car thurs. morning should help me get in some more hours.