Official Hardtack Progress Thread.

not to tell anyone what to do, but I have done the great motor rusty car thing before and its a chitty feeling to finally put the car up on blocks and watch it rust away/fall apart b/c you sank all the money was put into the motor and the body was neglected. by the time enough money gets saved up interest is lost in the project and the shell gets hauled away. just my experience. take it for what it's worth.

• Sponsors (?)

lol i think you guys arent seeing it the way i do. im gonna have nearly 600 bucks to spare. thats more than enough for panels and frame rails (which is all i need). I have the hookup for all the body work. The guy said its a 2k dollar repair job from what i explained to him, and he says he wouldnt charge me that much and besides, hes been anxious to do a muscle car again. ANNDDD im getting a 2nd job so ill be getting more money.

Update!!

well, not only did i return the pistons for .30 over pistons, but i also changed the cam.

Specs:
cam lift, int. .295 exh. .310
valve lift, int. .510 exh. .536
Lobe Ctr, int. .107 exh. .117
Duration, int. 280 exh. 290

Now i have a pretty decent cam. with matching valve springs, retainers and locks. check out how cool the pistons look.

Photo140.jpg

:nice: Thanks for the support and the crustache compliments! lmao. ill def. enjoy the car. im gathering up money for the block. need to bore it out .30 over, get the machine shop to deck the block and balance the crank and put the pistons back in. Im doing the cam, lifters and all that. i dont want to mess with the crank. but thats gonna be a good chunk of money. i already have all the break parts, im ust too lazy for it lol. this weekend im def. doing it. but yeah i have $650 left from the insurance money.