• Centrifical Superchargers

Votes: 248 42.0%
  • Roots Blower

Votes: 67 11.3%
  • Nitrous

Votes: 85 14.4%

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

My good friend's 05 STI over and over and over again is first on my list. :lol: I've been him every time we've raced, while he was stock and now that's he's moderately modified. I've beat him at the track and on the street, in real 1/4 mile races at the track and in roll races on the highway. Back when I was only spraying 75, we were pretty close power-wise, but that instant rush of torque would make me pull away while his turbo was still spooling and he'd never catch up.

I also beat down a last model RX7 turbo very badly in a 40-100mph street race. The STI hangs in much better than the RX7 did.

I've also beaten two BMWs (not turbocharged, but you did ask for imports) on the street, a latest model Laguna Seca Blue M3 coupe and a late 90s 330 sedan. I raced the M3 out of a light to about 90, he got me out of the hole but I caught and passed him. The 330 I absolutely crushed, again from a light.

I've beaten a few slow 15+ second Civics and whatnot at the track, but I don't really count them.

408w 13.66cr.. the way i'm went

in my eyes it all depends on what the car is going to be used for.... for road racing i woudl always say more cubes and compression.. but i got to say there is not much else that sounds like a kenne bell on a stroked cobra 4v on open headers..

I don't peticularly like turbo's on a V-8, im more of a traditionalist, sorry. I think ricers=Turbo, big V-8 stump puller=Supercharger. Plus i really like the wine of a supercharger apposed to the sound of a turbo. And if your not a full out racer, usually a supercharger is generally the best way to go. Just my two cents...

Being an old fashioned guy, (being old as dirt helps), anyway, I"im for the quick and easy. Gimme da giggle juice.
Only ran it once last year, (just long enough to break some ****), but ran it for 5 years on my previous ride.
Again, gimme quick and easy. :>)

If I was a poor teenager, I would go nitrous. If I was a 30 something with dissposible income I would go roots blower. But since Im a 30 something with a growing family, my extra cash goes to 10 yrs worth of bolt-ons and NA Ford power!