Oh $H!7 Something popped (electrical) car died and smoked, won't crank now

• Sponsors (?)

Well, it says that only applies to earlier years. Supposedly the fuel pump relay is under the MAF sensor, but since I do not have a proper wiring diagram for my model year, I am clueless as to what to check next.

Yup, that's the one....I suppose you could also check the crash switch just in case....I can't possibly imagine why it would trip but it will stop the pump cold.

It is in the trunk on a notchback and near the trunk latch on a hatchback (if you don't know where to look).

I'm not familiar with the test procedure, so this may be totally irrelevant information....YMMV.

Year: 1993

Here is a stupid question...would the fuel pump make the priming noise (of some sort) attempting to prime even if the tank were empty? I ran it fairly low since I (when this is fixed) am upgrading the pump, but based on mileage it should still have gas in it.

yea it would try to prime either way....this sucx man i feel for ya..especially cause you were gonna dyno tomorrow...so am i but i would be pissed if i couldnt over something like this...you gotta find a wiring diagram..maybe autozone has some manuals there..the haynes

Alright, I finally found the 18ga orange wired fusible link. I pierced it on both sides of the fusible link, used a multi-meter with audible continuity tester...and that fusible link tested as fine.

So, what else needs to be tested?

And since I am swapping pumps anyway, if the old one is indeed dead, I could care less.

Here is a question my roommate posed...can we pull out the old pump, hook it up to the battery positive and to a ground and test if it still functions? If so, then I know if the old pump is dead or good. If it is dead, I will just drop in the new 255lph walbro and dyno tomorrow as planned.