OHIO guy's

SMOKEDYA

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jul 13, 2003
Tucson AZ
Anyone in here from columbus/grove city ohio? What do they do for emisions there? Do they do a visual or do they put ya on the rollers to get your plates? I'm hopefully moving back there in a couple of months so i'm trying to figure out what to do about plates and licence's? peace

john:p

• Sponsors (?)

Anyone in here from columbus/grove city ohio? What do they do for emisions there? Do they do a visual or do they put ya on the rollers to get your plates? I'm hopefully moving back there in a couple of months so i'm trying to figure out what to do about plates and licence's? peace

**What counties are included in the Ohio E-Check program?**

The 7 Ohio counties currently participating in the program include: Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain, Medina, Portage, and Summit.

http://www.ohioecheck.org/

I'm down here at OSU for school and i don't believe they have any type of testing. I was actually thinking of registering my car in Franklin Co. because i'm in one of the "unlucky 7" counties back home left with e-check.

you have cats? if so dont worry about it...

I have ummmmmmmmmmmm fake cats :D out here in the state of washington they put your car on rollers and you have to be so clean to get your plates. If they do a visual there then i'm ok cause i have a pipe with cats there just gutted! peace

you have cats? if so dont worry about it...

do they even have any form of inspection down here??:shrug: i recall my roommate telling me to reg my car down here (franklin co.) here so i dont have to deal with inspection????

i know they dont have echeck. what else would they have? just a visual?

this is a concern of mine because come june its looking like i need to pass echeck back home. and thats a problem seeing as i dont have cats or a stocker to swap back on :(

The inspection around these parts consists of someone from the BMV verifying the VIN number of the car, that is it. Pretty worthless. They don't care if it stops, pukes out radioactive isotopes or doesn't have functioning lights/turn signals. Just as long as they get their money and the vin number matches.......

The inspection around these parts consists of someone from the BMV verifying the VIN number of the car, that is it. Pretty worthless. They don't care if it stops, pukes out radioactive isotopes or doesn't have functioning lights/turn signals. Just as long as they get their money and the vin number matches.......

Sweeeeeeet! Out here it's all about money hungry tree hungin chumps!!!! Just back in 2000 they changed it so you just pay a flat fee of $43.75 to renew your tags, it was the total value of the car in taxes, so when i first got out here in 96 they wanted almost $400 to get my tags and it was like that evey year after! NOW there going to strickter DEQ (almost cali.'s) standards. peace

I have ummmmmmmmmmmm fake cats :D out here in the state of washington they put your car on rollers and you have to be so clean to get your plates. If they do a visual there then i'm ok cause i have a pipe with cats there just gutted! peace

the cats on my dads 86 are gutted.....his passed emmions

do they even have any form of inspection down here??:shrug: i recall my roommate telling me to reg my car down here (franklin co.) here so i dont have to deal with inspection????

i know they dont have echeck. what else would they have? just a visual?

this is a concern of mine because come june its looking like i need to pass echeck back home. and thats a problem seeing as i dont have cats or a stocker to swap back on :(

Dont really worry...down here they dont really care if it passes or not..as long as you car aint stolen they normal give you the green light.

Thats very true...as long as they get there money they dont really care if you car is polluting the air....ohio is great sometimes :D