oil catch can and valve cover question

88gt373

Dec 29, 2010
hey guys im going to put an oil catch can on my 88gt and was wondering about the hose from the pass valve cover to the TB... do i need that hose there?

also, im going to get these old school M/T finned valve covers that have a whole in each valve cover.. can i plug those holes? put breathers on both or breather on one and oil cap on the other?

if the p/s cover has that tube for venting, would it be better for the d/s to have a vent too?

bottom line i replaced my injectors the other day and found tons of oil in my intake manifold....

ideas/pics?

• Sponsors (?)

catch can

here is what i did and it solved everything
ds has a breather and i remove it to fill with oil
PS has a grommet with a pcv valve then a hose from the valve to a sealed catch can. another hoes goes from the catch can to the the
this way you don't have a vacuum leak but under high rpm or wot you still have higher pressure than atmosphere. this is plenty of crank case vent and catches oil it spits.
i just dump the can when i fill up usually about a ounce or 2

here is what i did and it solved everything
ds has a breather and i remove it to fill with oil
PS has a grommet with a pcv valve then a hose from the valve to a sealed catch can. another hoes goes from the catch can to the the
this way you don't have a vacuum leak but under high rpm or wot you still have higher pressure than atmosphere. this is plenty of crank case vent and catches oil it spits.
i just dump the can when i fill up usually about a ounce or 2

do you mean "catch can to the TB"? i saw that idea on a 5.0 this guy owned.... but i didnt ask him about the PCV routing in the rear of the lower intake. Im deff going to put a catch can on that line... is there problem with having one can for both lines so i dont have two cans? or can i put a catch can on the back manifold and plug up the valve covers?

i have heard of guys having a little bit of oil mist in the motor compartment when running breathers on the valve cover(s)... whats your experience hahnlsquid?