Oil Change Indicator

NJBob

Dec 18, 2014
NJ
Hi All and happy holidays,

This morning when I started my car I got the Oil Change needed soon light. I have had 3 already and I only have about 8K miles.

I'm thinking because I did a Tune and told Ford not to touch the Module, that it wont reset that indicator. Will I'll have to use my Tunner to remove the Change Oil Soon light?

Can any confirm? thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Why have you had 3 oil changes in 8000 miles in general? I think you can reset the oil from your settings on the steering wheel. I think if you go to setting in there is a thing that sais reset oil indicator.
I had three, because I did the first one at 800 miles, the second at 4500 miles and the third at 7500 miles (Change of season) about a month ago. Car is just over a year. Thanks for the Tip on the setting on the wheel. I give it a shot.

Yeah, you have to reset the oil life % manually when you give it an oil change. (if you did the oil change yourself) I suspect most people will get the warnings around 6k-9k miles on average. I think i'm pushing 8k on mine and it will be due here soon, just hit 10k miles!

Yeah, you have to reset the oil life % manually when you give it an oil change. (if you did the oil change yourself) I suspect most people will get the warnings around 6k-9k miles on average. I think i'm pushing 8k on mine and it will be due here soon, just hit 10k miles!
^^ This exactly

My dealer hounded me weekly with emails to change my oil a month after I bought the car in September. I got tired of it so took the car in December with 1500 miles on the clock to have the job done. The service adviser questioned me about changing my oil so soon and when I told him about the email bombardments and that I intended to wait for the oil change monitoring system prompt to show up for the next service,my emails stopped. Since I'm retired,I am going to be logging about 8000 miles a year by my projection so I'll see them December 2016.

Hi All and happy holidays,

This morning when I started my car I got the Oil Change needed soon light. I have had 3 already and I only have about 8K miles.

I'm thinking because I did a Tune and told Ford not to touch the Module, that it wont reset that indicator. Will I'll have to use my Tunner to remove the Change Oil Soon light?

Can any confirm? thanks
You reset the oil life monitor using the display between the tach and speedo.

Starting at the main menu select Settings, then select Vehicle from that menu, then select Oil Life Reset. Press and hold the OK button until it resets to 100%.

Dave