Oil Change.

newedgejay

Aug 24, 2014
South Carolina
Its time for the first oil change in my car. I've had it less than 3 months. It previously had 5w-20 Synthetic. currently at 111,600 miles on my 99 GT 4.6.
Now, my question is, how much oil do I need to buy? I have 5 quarts of 5w-30 part-synthetic and a microguard filter. My friend who is a big mustang guy says his 98 5speed GT takes 6 quarts of oil. But, my friend who sold me the oil at O'rileys has a 95 5.0 drag mustang GT and said his only takes 5. So, how much oil do I need for my 99?

• Sponsors (?)

Its time for the first oil change in my car. I've had it less than 3 months. It previously had 5w-20 Synthetic. currently at 111,600 miles on my 99 GT 4.6.
Now, my question is, how much oil do I need to buy? I have 5 quarts of 5w-30 part-synthetic and a microguard filter. My friend who is a big mustang guy says his 98 5speed GT takes 6 quarts of oil. But, my friend who sold me the oil at O'rileys has a 95 5.0 drag mustang GT and said his only takes 5. So, how much oil do I need for my 99?
I run 5W 30 engine oil in all my vehicles and never been an issue. Yes, the cap reads 5W 20 but that for government MPG standards and nothing to do with if the thinner pi$$ oil is better for the engines. That 5W 20 weight is like water and only 5W30 will my engines see.