Oil consumption?

I have about 750 miles on my car, I've driven it hard a couple times, mostly after I put 500 miles on it. I went to check my oil today and saw that it was down about 3/4 of a quart. Is this normal? Should my GT be consuming this much oil now? I'm a little distressed at the moment.

• Sponsors (?)

TerpGT,

Same EXACT thing happened to me in my 03 GT.... I freaked.... Added the oil, but never had a problem again. I attributed it to seal/engine seating. Just make sure you take a good look under the car. Give 'em a good look over. Put a piece of cardboard under him for a night and look for drops. If you don't find anything. I wouldn't worry. (Unless you have a bunch of grey smoke blowing out your tail pipe. Hahahahaha)

If you are still uncomfortable, I would swing by a trusted LOF shop and have them look. I have a shop I use outside of Ford as my independent problem assessor. My guys are very trustworthy and send me to the dealership for warrenty work with a written statement of what they found.. :)

Good Luck,

Jenn

I have around 1400mi now and just bought 6qts of motocraft 5w20 syn blend (this is the only motorcraft oil in 5w20 I could find & I would bet it is the factory fill)

I will change it before 1500, then go till 3000mi or so and go to full syn Mobil1 5w20, mobil1 then on every 4000-5000mi

(I've use it since the 80's and never a oil related problem, I have pulled oil pans on 50k & 80k engines that ran mobil1 all or majority of millage and they were clean as new!

IMO don't go to full syn oil till at least 3000 & always change filter at every oil change

I would never sugest any oil change intervil longer then 5000-7500 (even syn) ALL oil will break down over time and crap that gets by the air filter and natural byproducts of a combustion engine get into oil and break it down