Oil Cooler question with intercooler and supercharger

I am going to be purchasing an inter cooler kit here soon. I have a V-1 vortech on the car now. I need to replace my oil feed and drain lines with some steel braided lines and increase the size. I was thinking since I was going to do this and have the bumper off for the inter cooler I would maybe add a oil cooler.

My idea was that I would put the cooler between my feed fitting from the oil filter housing and the supercharger. It would cool the oil going into the SC keeping that temp down some. My two questions are:

1) Is there a loss of pressure inside the cooler to affect the feed volume to the SC?

2)Do you think that my air temps would affected by putting the oil cooler in front of the inter cooler?

Any comments are appreciated, thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

You will most likely see an increas in IAT's by putting the oil cooler in front of the supercharger intercooler. If I were you I would get an oil cooler that is compact enough to fit in the drivers side fender and add a fan to it.

Reactions: 1 users
No problem. There are more then a few oil coolers out there that will fit in that area and sourcing a fan from spal wont be hard either. Make you you have a thermostat on there too. I say this because cold oil can do its fair share of damage and shorten the life of your engine.