Engine Oil dipstick with headers

• Sponsors (?)

Screenshot_20220113-124213_Chrome.jpg

It's 19 inches long and should flex around the headers and look good.

Reactions: 1 user
There selling polished dipsticks ? I had a girl back in high school that liked to polish my dipstck.
Screenshot_20220113-124213_Chrome.jpg

It's 19 inches long and should flex around the headers and look good.
It still has that bracket that has to mount to somewhere? If it’s not a header bolt, where is it meant to mount to?

It still has that bracket that has to mount to somewhere? If it’s not a header bolt, where is it meant to mount to?
It mounted to a bolt on the exhaust manifold ( 83_) and I am going to use shorty headers.... Haven't done this for years, just wondered if someone had come up with a new product for this....

ANy reason why you don't want to use a header bolt?

I bolted my Ford Racing dipstick to my shorty headers using the exhaust manifold bolt.
33640830-B694-47FA-A5F3-3A11E4DC7606.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
ANy reason why you don't want to use a header bolt?

I bolted my Ford Racing dipstick to my shorty headers using the exhaust manifold bolt.
33640830-B694-47FA-A5F3-3A11E4DC7606.jpeg
Does that bracket come attached to the dip stick?? that would work.... Was the oil level corrrect or did you have to massage things?

Does that bracket come attached to the dip stick?? that would work.... Was the oil level corrrect or did you have to massage things?

Yes, bracket is attached. No issue with the oil level. I installed it and dumped 5 quarts into the engine and it was within the dots.

IIRC it was tight getting it into the block. The chrome plating makes it a bit thick so i had to take some sandpaper and sand around the throat of the dipstick where it goes in to get it to fit into the block. Obviously need to make sure it's clean before you test fit.

Nothing really crazy needed to get it to bolt up though. I did tweak the bend slightly to clear my header.

Reactions: 2 users