Oil Filter Sandwich Adapters?

The Green GT

No 13 year olds are safe around me.
10 Year Member
Jan 8, 2006
Louisiana
Anyone use these? I need to add some gauges to my Monster Miata project, and the Miata sender will be in the factory location so I can still use the factory gauges.

Back when I had my ‘94 GT, I just made a T at the factory sender location, but it eventually ended up leaking, and I remember it just being a general pain in the ass to get together.

How prone are the sandwich adapters to leaking? Also what thread is the oil filter? 3/4-16?

• Sponsors (?)

T-fitting with pipe thread works fine if you use the appropriate amount of teflon tape. Mine hasn't leaked in 17 years.

Kurt
I dont doubt that, but the sandwich adapters are $30-50. I already have my hands full with this project, so I’m willing to pay a little to not have to worry about the headache.

Ill have to check clearances with the sandwich adapter though. Same with the T fittings. Not much room in a Miata engine compartment.

Now that I’m thinking about it, I’m going to need more than a single T fitting. I have 3 senders to hook up. Miata oil press sender, aftermarket press sender, and the aftermarket oil temp sender. That sandwich adapter will be much easier.

There was a guy here that used an aluminum vacuum log to hook up his oil senders in a remote location. Ran braided line from stock location to the firewall. He even had an oil pressure kill switch.

I dont doubt that, but the sandwich adapters are $30-50. I already have my hands full with this project, so I’m willing to pay a little to not have to worry about the headache.

Ill have to check clearances with the sandwich adapter though. Same with the T fittings. Not much room in a Miata engine compartment.

I can understand that. I have never had a problem with the NPT stuff from Ace Hardware. I would take a quality NPT fitting over a Chinese sandwich adapter any day.

Kurt