Oil for Astro A5 transmission? Help pls!

emagdnim

Feb 5, 2003
My car has an A5 transmission but I can't find the required oil to change its fluid. Does anyone know where to get it or what I can substitute with? I don't know who to reach out to either as it looks like their main site is down.

I require Synergyn Syngear II.

This is what's needed:

We require the Customer run 2 Quarts of Synergyn Syngear II with approximately ½ - ¾ Quart of Mobil 1 Synthetic. We ask that the customer fill the Transmission with the Synergyn Syngear II 1st, and then “Top-Off” with Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF! Transmission Fluid should be changed every 15,000 Miles.

• Sponsors (?)

Unavailable.

I did some searching and looks like many places have it out of stock or unavailable.

Astro Performance has closed down, so don't hold your breath if you are waiting from guidance from them.

Unavailable.

I did some searching and looks like many places have it out of stock or unavailable.

Astro Performance has closed down, so don't hold your breath if you are waiting from guidance from them.
Ya it seems so. Any idea what the repercussions would be to run something different? I know GeForce was also recommending the Synergy as well prior. Do you know what they are now recommending? I tried searching but couldn't seems to find consistent information.

From this website

Syngear II is an 80w140, GL-6 rated gear lube blended from the highest quality base oils and extreme pressure additives

Problem is gear oil in a standard T5 is typically not a good idea as it's too thick to get into specific bearings. The astro T5 is a little different, so not sure if revisions were made to allow for the gear oil to be used. Since we can't talk to Astro anymore, not sure what to say about this.

I tried finding the company, but it's a bit confusing. Looks like they are a subdivision of a lawn care company??

I appreciate you spending the time looking sir. I also found out that liberty lgx-80 is a replacement for it. But guess what.... It also appears not available! I've been sending out a few emails to a few places so hopefully I get some information. I can't be the only guy looking for this stuff. Or maybe I am!

Quick update. They still make it. I msged them on Facebook and they are able to ship up into Canada. So I'll be placing the order for some. Thanks again.

Reactions: 1 user
Update to anyone who cares. The below is from Stan at Pro-Force Performance he's been really helpful.

Okay, I just spoke with Glenn Sarvis at “Astro Transmission Parts” 800-343-0956 – (Not sure if his 800 number works from Canada or not…)

They have always and still do recommend only one quart of Synergyn in an Astro A-5 transmission. He says that it shouldn’t hurt anything to use two quarts. It is G-Force that recommends two quarts for their custom gears…

The old “Astro Performance Warehouse” website (Tony Sarvis’s former company) is scheduled to be back up on Monday. It will be operating under the “Astro Transmission Parts” name which is Glenn Sarvis’ company. Glenn is Tony’s dad.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users