oil in my COolant=blow head gasket right?

surrett

Mar 5, 2007
cullman,AL
yup got oil in my coolant, just need to know for sure that its a blown head gasket.....and if so ive got questions, i recently purchased a 87 parts car, SD not MAF, i hear SD is better for high end HP cars...if true i was gonna swap computers out. i dunno, and allso since im gonna be takin so much of the motor apart should i just go ahead and Do a Complete Rebuild! i feel it needs it but as far as the car running it still runs hard. but i still cant help but feel like i need to completly rebuild this engine since it was recently purchased and ive had alot of problems with it i was thinking that instead of waiting till it goes completly to rebuild that i should just go ahead and freshin it up that way i know for sure that its good to go! any info you guys got for me will be a great help ohh and by the way i wanna put Nos back on it with wide open throttle later down the road........

• Sponsors (?)

yup got oil in my coolant, just need to know for sure that its a blown head gasket.....and if so ive got questions, i recently purchased a 87 parts car, SD not MAF, i hear SD is better for high end HP cars...if true i was gonna swap computers out. i dunno, and allso since im gonna be takin so much of the motor apart should i just go ahead and Do a Complete Rebuild! i feel it needs it but as far as the car running it still runs hard. but i still cant help but feel like i need to completly rebuild this engine since it was recently purchased and ive had alot of problems with it i was thinking that instead of waiting till it goes completly to rebuild that i should just go ahead and freshin it up that way i know for sure that its good to go! any info you guys got for me will be a great help ohh and by the way i wanna put Nos back on it with wide open throttle later down the road........
I'm not really sure what your question is?

SD will require tuning before MAF, as the factory MAF computer can accept more mods than SD. However, there is nothing inherently bad about SD.

Oil in the coolant, or coolant in the oil is usually from a bad HG.
A cracked block or timing cover will result in the same thing though.

If you have the time & funds for a rebuild, then why not. You will know all is well when you start making mods.
Have you done a compression test and leakdown test? These 2 steps will give you a good idea of how 'healthy' the motor is.

jason

EDIT:
This should probably be in the General Tech section, so I am requesting a move from the mods...
You'll get more views there.