Oil in my intake???

I have a Edelbrock Performer intake and there is a small amount of oil pooling on the side where the inspection plate covers. I didnt know if this is a comon problem or something to worry about, it doesnt seem to be sffecting the car any but im currious. Help me out fellas Thanks!!

• Sponsors (?)

i have the same intake and so do some friends this oil in the intake is normal! my whole engine is new with all baffles in and a new PCV valve and it still does the same thing! all you need is a in line oil separator you can get these at home depot they are for air compressors all you do is splice it into you line just before the intake and that should solve your oil problems! James

some of my buddies have the same intake also, it's common. If you called the tech line they will tell you a some oil is normal, infact it is in all our intakes but your intake allows you to look in and see it vs. the others and by design it pools vs. the others. The common fix is just like fastford91 stated an oil separator after you check your pvc system. other than that I wouldn't worry to much.