Oil Pressure GAUGE started leaking oil today!!

kosmos

Dec 15, 2008
i opened my door and saw oil leaking out from the dual pod, i was so mad, weird its been fine for months, pulled gauge out of pod and it isnt leaking behind the nut or gauge, its in the line somewhere, I am probably gonna go to work tommorro and get 20ft of some 1/8in black nylon tubing and some ferrell's, god my mustang is giving me ***** the past few months, the line must of been pinched somewhere

than lol I noticed my *stock* tachometer needle was getting stuck from 2000-3000 after that it would run on through, my aftermarket tachometer works fine so the needle is rubbing or something, lol one problem after another geezzz

• Sponsors (?)

Moved to talk.

You could also pick up an isolator instead of going with an electric gauge, so if the line does spring a leak, it's not leaking hot oil in your interior. I had a friend who used flexible copper instead of nylon.

Ive never had problems with mine...yet

although one time i was driving and a Single drop of oil dropped on my foot, i traced the line and didn't find anymore...im just worried one of these days ill be taking my dash apart or something and a gallon of oil will come spilling out from somewhere its been dripping and collecting

I went this morning and got some more nylon, we have some where I work, made specifically for holding oil, its clear like the one that was provided but im sure its more durable vs. the made in china ***** they sent in the kit, I think my installer pinched the hose while shoving the gauge back in the pod which caused a small hole in the tubing so its leaking,

*what i meant by my tachometer was that i noticed the needle was sticking in between 2k-3k but once i got up above 3k rpm it moved, the needle is rubbing on the white face gauges, cause my 5" tachometer worked fine so its not electrical problem,

And i ran a mechanical oil pressure, and a electrical water temp, maybe i should use a electrical oil pressure

electric oil pressure ordered!! the gauge might fail on me in the future but I wont have to ever worry bout oil in the dash at least, so thats a plus right:mad: