Engine oil problem 2002 gt 46l 2v

got this problem my 2 valve 4.6l oil pressure went from pressure on the gauge to 0 now it does it when u start the eng up good gauge pressure then goes to 0 if u let it sit 2 to 3 mins it start the eng again it has good pressure on the gauge then after a minute it will go to 0 i replaced the oil pressure sensor and oil filter still the same affect doesnt seem to have oil going to the head looking thru the oil cap friend said it could be a clogged screen in the oil pan on the pick up could it be that???? and im not getting any eng codes

• Sponsors (?)

Would probably be worth hooking up a legit oil pressure gauge; the factory ones are nothing more than a switch (it's either "Normal" or off essentially), and are really not that trustworthy for diagnosis.

The oil pressure sender can and do go bad. I recently had an "event" on my 2000 GT. The oil pressure fell to zero. Quickly pulled over and checked the oil level. OK. Restarted the motor and there was no valve noise of any kind. I figured it was the oil sender so I drove to the auto parts store for a new one.

Once at home I found that the old sender had an oil leak out the back by the electrical connector. Replaced for a fix.

The part is cheap enough and easy enough to replace for pure diagnostic reasons. One of the few times I will actually recommend "part changing".