Oil pushing out of dipstick?

MustangBill87

Jul 14, 2009
EFI to carb swap weiand stealth, 600 afb, '87 GT 5-Spd

Oil spraying out of dipstick a small amount but enough to coat the steering shaft and side of the strut tower, I was getting condensation in my oil and on the dipstick so I installed a PCV valve(between the tube by the oil fill neck and carb.) and a breather on the drivers side V.C. last weekend. Replaced the head gaskets, timing chain and a bunch of other stuff (susp, steering, exhaust.) Removed the pcv valve today after seeing the leak and put a hose on the tube thats on the filler neck and ran it out under the engine. before last weekend all I had for crankcase venting was the one hose from the tube on filler neck and I was getting condensation but no oil leak so now I will see what happens with the venting on both sides. If any body out there can give me any ideas or explanations they would be greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Are you sure the head gasket didn't get pinched? Sounds like either a blown head gasket or a bad ring allowing blow by? This is serious redneck mechanics but the circles guys do it/ Zip tie a sock around it or the breather and it will keep you from making a mess. or you could go with with weld on crankcase evacuation like the drag guys, a whole system is only like $40 or so, that would burn it in the exhaust.