oil where it shouldnt be

i pulled my sc off and found oil in the intake and in the pipe that feeds the sc and my first thought is damaged seal. but after letting all the oil drain out of the sc into a pan i look inside the sc and find its perfectly clean. there was no oil in the area of the impeller nor on the impeller itself. also looked into the area where the air comes out and that was clean. i pulled the side cover off my upper manifold and found that to have oil in it too. now i know i have a bad pcv valve....well the valve isnt bad but there is no screen in it (probably should do something about that). is it possible that oil from the pcv valve got into my intake tube? or through the sc? the sc was brand new when i got it and ive only put about 2-3K miles on it and most of those are just daily driving. ive only made 3 passes at the track with the sc.
if its a damaged seal, how much is that to fix?

• Sponsors (?)

wow i had no idea such a thing existed. thanks a lot!
do you recomend the steeda one or the home depot version?

that explains the oil in my manifold but is it possible that the oil dripped out the tb, ran down the intake tube, went through the sc and out into the pipe that feeds the sc? there was oil leading all the way up to the tb from inside the manifold when i took the cover off. i cant imaging a sc with just a couple thousand miles in it blowing a seal....

luckythirteen13 said:
wow i had no idea such a thing existed. thanks a lot!
do you recomend the steeda one or the home depot version?

that explains the oil in my manifold but is it possible that the oil dripped out the tb, ran down the intake tube, went through the sc and out into the pipe that feeds the sc? there was oil leading all the way up to the tb from inside the manifold when i took the cover off. i cant imaging a sc with just a couple thousand miles in it blowing a seal....

It is possible that it dripped out of the TB. Mine did. Here's a pic.

http://forums.stangnet.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37228&d=1123979745

thanks for all the help guys. i talked to vortech today and when i told them what was happening the first thing he said was pcv. said it was not uncommon for oil to go all the way through the sc into the intake tube. i got that in line filter but i have to order a new gasket for my manifold because when i pulled taht side plate off, it ripped the gasket.

with less oil in the intake, would emissions be cleaner?