oilpan versus crossmember

enferno

Jun 20, 2006
if anyone of you remember, i've had some fitment problems with my oil pan, an 8 qt. milodon.

well, the newest of which is that it's rubbing on the cross member. i obviously can't return the pan now, so i'm faced with new cross member, motor mounts (to lift the motor up just high enough to clear), or a new pan.

which would be the cheapest/most effective? or is there another way around this?

• Sponsors (?)

I've used small spacers between the motor mounts and the block on my 69 years ago without issues. I know some will say that changes the pinion angle, etc which I'm sure it did but I never had any failures. I used large nuts which were about 1/2" thick or so.

Likely the cheapest... just check hood clearance before slamming just in case.

-Stephen

Protowrxs said:
I've used small spacers between the motor mounts and the block on my 69 years ago without issues. I know some will say that changes the pinion angle, etc which I'm sure it did but I never had any failures. I used large nuts which were about 1/2" thick or so.

Likely the cheapest... just check hood clearance before slamming just in case.

-Stephen

could i do the same, but just use the spacers on the crossmember?

Personally I would think so. I'm not sold on how much that type of cross member really does myself but I've always run it. Might need a longer bolt to make sure it all works. I moved the engine up for header clearance on the motor mount back then.

-Stephen