ok a quickie about gt40x heads

• Sponsors (?)

I had them on my 94GT with a Crower 15511 Crower Cam and 1.72 Scorpion rockers. I got the X heads bare and had Ferrea valvetrain installed. I used an Edelbrock Performer Intake first then switched to the RPM upper later. Then added a Vortech S-Trim Supercharger. If you can get a good deal on them, go for it.

It's my dads car, it has stock top end except it has a comp cam in it at the moment and off the top of my head I'm not sure which one or the specs on it. But by chance if the cam would work with the gt40 heads would a 95 cobra intake mate up with the heads?

You've never heard of Comp cams?? It's a brand, been around forever, I believe Jesus had one. Ok, so what you're saying is this; I could get say a set of trickflow heads and put an edelbrock intake on it or even the stocker for that matter?? Not that I would or would want to but for arguments sake any 302 intake will fit on any set of 302 heads? What about all the egr stuff, the 94 and 95's have that long ass egr tube to worry bout. What intake would go on easiest is what I guess im asking.
My main goal is like a lot of peoples maybe is to try and throw a top end kit together and come in under what a top end kit would cost especially since I have the cam already. But I'm kind of guessing that it'd be about the same price in the end just to get a kit huh once you throw in lifters, valve covers and all the other supporting stuff.

You've never heard of Comp cams?? It's a brand, been around forever, I believe Jesus had one. Ok, so what you're saying is this; I could get say a set of trickflow heads and put an edelbrock intake on it or even the stocker for that matter?? Not that I would or would want to but for arguments sake any 302 intake will fit on any set of 302 heads? What about all the egr stuff, the 94 and 95's have that long ass egr tube to worry bout. What intake would go on easiest is what I guess im asking.
My main goal is like a lot of peoples maybe is to try and throw a top end kit together and come in under what a top end kit would cost especially since I have the cam already. But I'm kind of guessing that it'd be about the same price in the end just to get a kit huh once you throw in lifters, valve covers and all the other supporting stuff.

I've been around here since 1999, no never heard of Comp. What I asked was which one, Comp makes thousands of grinds. I'd suggest a custom cam from them based on your mods and goals. I had a custom Comp XE grind in my 347 with split duration and 113 LSA which is important to the 94-95 specific ECC. Can see my car specs at
http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/moi-display.cgi?1682 and cam specs.

I've had the GT40X you speak of with Crower cam and in N/A form my combo made 292HP at the wheels and with a Vortech S-Trim 455HP. Those heads like a good combo so the intake, cam, exhaust is very important. I used 1.72 rockers with my cam because I wanted more lift on the small cam. I've been there and done that which is why I replied to this thread.

What I'm saying is you can put TFS heads on with a Edelbrock Intake (not the stock one) with a custom cam and you'll probably make close to 300HP in N/A form. All the intakes go on the same way, neither is easier than the next. Keep all the EGR stuff on and just swap it over, it doesn't make a difference in performance.