OK, I know it's been beaten to death *POLL*

What type Oil?

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

definately full synthetic. if not for the additional ponies, then do it for the additional protection. conventional oils are supposed to be good for ~3k miles while synthetics are said to be good for ~6k-7k miles. also synthetics can handle extreme conditions better (ie overheating etc) and don't break down as easily so they'll leave less sludge in your engine.

FWIW when i swapped my whole drivetrain for synthetics the difference was HUGE. the car pulled harder and smoother.

-steve

I use Mobil 1, at $3.72 a quart U can't beat the EXTRA insurance it provides !!

I noticed a BIG difference in traffic during HIGH Heat summer.

Stang has WAY over 100K mile PLUS and does fine with 10w-30.

The leak myth is just that, a myth.

Fix the dam leak !!!

sleeper89 said:
definately full synthetic. if not for the additional ponies, then do it for the additional protection. conventional oils are supposed to be good for ~3k miles while synthetics are said to be good for ~6k-7k miles. also synthetics can handle extreme conditions better (ie overheating etc) and don't break down as easily so they'll leave less sludge in your engine.

FWIW when i swapped my whole drivetrain for synthetics the difference was HUGE. the car pulled harder and smoother.

-steve
I have some dyno runs of synthetic vs. conventional oil. I need to find them, but the conventional oil made about 2 more hp than the synthetic, while the synthetic made about 2 more on the low end. basically they were a wash power wise.