Ok kids.. Load your guns.....

pabear89 said:
:

Hoppy, Where are the pic's?
Still interested in seeing at least one tastefully done.

PB

Hey PaBear,, Thx, I tried posting some in first primer , but nobody was able to post anything. Ill get some more now that shes in last primer and post those. We hope to squirt mid week now , still sanding out small areas to get it as smooth as possible. Its been too long in preparation , but hopefully will turn out nice. :rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

StangDreamin' said:
Responding without taking into account the whole context is obviously right up there on the intelligence scale, Buckwheat! :rolleyes:

And how the h*** could any guy that's into old Stangs not know that the R valance would not be part of a Street car???? :nonono:

wow you feel better now that you have threw out some lame personal insults ?
you don't know me
don't act like you do

and don't make it personal
:notnice:

Misery_Machine said:
wow you feel better now that you have threw out some lame personal insults ?
you don't know me
don't act like you do

and don't make it personal
:notnice:

Sorry if you felt I was getting personal - you'd really be smokin' if I had taken it to what I consider to be "personal" levels.

When attacked I tend to respond in kind, only up a notch or two. Character flaw that generally serves me well.

Still Dreamin'

SadbutTrue said:
that paint scheme is so done... i am so sick of it... and that damn hood, wtf... gah stupid eleanor craze..

i can't wait until 10 years from now when people look back at this fad like iroc camaros and all the others and realize how lame they are...

Eleanor will never go "out of style " in the sense you refer. The movie was made in 2000 . Thats 4 freakin years ago. The people, myself included, that think its simply the most badass car ever put to ground will always feel that way. If this were a "fad" or a "trend" , it would have long since gone the way of the dinosaurs my friend. Long since....... Yet after four years, its just like the guys at Mustang Monthly like to tell us, when Eleanor is on the cover, the mag sells like never before... The man that brought forth this very board you are viewing is an avid Eleanor fan. Truth be told, she swept away the dust , and breathed fire into the hobby. Im no wagon jumper either. My 67 is Mustang number , hang on a sec, 66,89,90,67 (first Eleanor),69(wifes) , ok , number 6 . Eleanor is no "fad". A fad would have died in the fall of the year 2000 .

Misery_Machine said:
thats the dumbest thing i have seen posted in this website

and how the hell could any guy that's into old stangs not like the eleanor car ?

:lol: And suddenly a new contender enters the ring. No offense but your statement is in contention for dumbest. That's like saying how could anyone that loves big natural homegrown titties not like implants? They just aren't the same no matter how you compare them.

Did I like watching Ellie haul ass on the big screen, hell yeah! Do I still like to see it, hell yeah. There are many restomod ideas on Ellie that I love except for that big bump on her nose, but do I like that she has turned the every man affordable classic into a $150,000 plus money generating restomod giant, hells frickin no. While she has brought attention to the hobby, not all of it is good. Sure it has been 4 years, but it is a fad none the less and it is getting tired.

Hop, to your point, sure she sells mags....but only to the unloyal posers not those in the hobby. Those with subscriptions who are the life blood of the publication usually do not respect seeing it 4 times a year and are just plain ole sick and tired of it now. I just don't like all these newbies to the hobby thinking this is what Stanging is all about.

Pakrat said:
:Did I like watching Ellie haul ass on the big screen, hell yeah! Do I still like to see it, hell yeah. There are many restomod ideas on Ellie that I love except for that big bump on her nose, but do I like that she has turned the every man affordable classic into a $150,000 plus money generating restomod giant, hells frickin no.

NEITHER DO I. THE CROWD JUST TRYING TO TURN A BUCK NEED TO HAVE THEIR ASSES STITCHED SHUT AND THEN BE HURLED DOWN THE SNAKE RIVER CANYON...THEY ARE THE ONES RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SKYROCKETING COSTS OF A 67-68.

While she has brought attention to the hobby, not all of it is good. Sure it has been 4 years, but it is a fad none the less and it is getting tired.

IM 50/50 WITH YOU THERE. YOUR RIGHT AS FAR AS NOT ALL THE ATTENTION BEING GOOD. THE NOT GOOD ATTENTION PART IS THE AFOREMENTIONED BUCK SEEKERS.. NOT GOOD. BUT FORTUNATELY THERE REALLY ARENT THAT MANY OF THOSE . MOST PEOPLE THAT MOD A STANG INTO AN ELEANOR DO IT BECAUSE THEY SIMPLY LOVE THE LOOKS OF THE CAR AND IT MAKES THEM HAPPY. NOT TO SELL.

Hop, to your point, sure she sells mags....but only to the unloyal posers not those in the hobby. .
GOTTA WHOLLY DISAGREE THERE , PAK. A TON OF MUSTANG FANATICS LOVE ELEANOR. IF NOT, IT TRULY WOULD HAVE DIED LONG AGO. THE MUSTANG BOARDS,MAGS,SHOWS,EVERYTHING, HAVE SOME KIND OF ELEANOR PRESENCE. THE CAR, DESPITE WHAT ANYONE SAYS, WILL ALWAYS BE PART OF THE MUSTANG CULTURE NOW. IN 10 YEARS THERE WILL STILL BE THOSE THAT LOVE HER, AND THOSE THAT HATE HER. AND YES, 67-68 PRICES WILL NEVER COME DOWN ,SADLY. BUT MAN IM ALL FOR DOING WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY WHILE YOUR HERE. ( WITHOUT DESTROYING ANYTHING OF HISTORICAL SIGNIFICANCE , OF COURSE, OR ID BE PUTTING IN THE SIDE FILLER CAP,WHICH IM NOT) :D ANYWAY,THERE ARE LOYALISTS APLENTY ON BOTH SIDES OF THE ELEANOR WAR PICKET LINES... AFTER ALL, SHE IS A MUSTANG....

I have seen this car with my own eyes at the bellevue Mustang Round Up. It is VERY well built and VERY nice. whether you like eleanor or not, you have to be able to appreciate a well built automobile. I have about 10 pictures of this car from the show, if anyone wants them, email or PM me.

Maybe it's just my own warped opinion, but I think we are confusing the car from the movie with the Sanderson/Shelby cars. The movie car looked absolutely wicked, while the new ones sit too high, and have a different hood, that goofy gascap (even if it is functional now), and, while being much better quality than any car from the movie, seem to look a little off to me. The controversial "scoop" on the movie car was simply a "glassed shut" stocker, so how bad could it look? As far as the R-model apron not belonging on a street car, all I can say is, yeah, right. We all know how much protection those burly Mustang bumpers offer, so why even mention it being a "race-only" item? Like it or not, Eleanor has elevated (as well as segregated) the entire Mustang hobby. Think it's a coincidence that the '05 showcar is based on a '67 Shelby and was painted silver? Hardly.

The Hopkinator said:
ZOOKEEPER FOR PRESIDENT !!!! GO ZOO! GO ZOO! :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

Got my vote :nice: :banana:

I agree too. I can't say I dont get excited watching that chase seen. Eleanor in even the remake is the epitome of badassness. She may be whored about and cost some of us good buys on a 67-68 fastback(which by golly I'm gonna find eventually) and it may be ridiculously priced....but its just a beautiful looking car. And in the case of the early fastback...I think it looks amazing with the 67 stuff on it. I'd sure as hell drive it.

this whacky pricing is making me think of placing my '67 fastback on the e-bay train! how much do you think some fool will pay for a 331/343 hp 5spd tremec,4.11's globalwest a-armed,& brakes,tcp rack & subframed hot in the summer cold in the winter ride will sell for ? all that I have in parts alone? more less? by the way still don't like elanore....but big on the home grown! thinking that a early turbo 911 would be cool.

Building Eleanore because it's "cool"= :notnice:

I don't like the hood, front valence, extra lights, taillights, and general look of eleanore. I'm not going to wig out on someone for building one, but that doesn't mean I have to like the car.

Now, the ORIGINAL Eleanor, that's another story ;) . Of course, that wasn't a visually modded car like Eleanore....

zookeeper said:
The controversial "scoop" on the movie car was simply a "glassed shut" stocker, so how bad could it look? As far as the R-model apron not belonging on a street car, all I can say is, yeah, right. We all know how much protection those burly Mustang bumpers offer, so why even mention it being a "race-only" item?

"Scoop": If it's "glassed shut"...it's non-functional as well as restrictive of the driver's view (not saying "fugly" because that's just my opinion), so why have it? :shrug:

The R-model valance: If it's a street car, then (In my Humble and Generally Accepted as Ill-Advised Opinon) then it oughta have the vestigal bumper. If it's a race car, then I can see the reason for the valance.

I guess it's just my belief (somewhere between SD and Hop) that mods to a 'Stang ought to serve some useful purpose. 4-wheel disks, better seats, better tires, and better lights (Edbert) make a safer and better handling machine. Sound system upgrades, an EFI 393W, Tremec-3550, etc.... (my little pipe-dream) just make it's use more fun , which is why we want to drive cars older than approximately 1/2 the members of this board.

Still Dreamin'

StangDreamin' said:
"Scoop":

I guess it's just my belief (somewhere between SD and Hop) that mods to a 'Stang ought to serve some useful purpose. 4-wheel disks, better seats, better tires, and better lights Still Dreamin'

I can respect that , but Im not doing anything structurally or mechanically diffrent since its a real 67 GT500 . I really wanted to put the side filler on , but Id have to punch holes in the side, so no thanks. All Im doing are things that can be easily taken back original. A little glass on the outside. The rest will be stock 67 Shelby GT500 . No nitrous, no tcp suspension , filler cap, or anything.

Electric Green , I definately appreciate your opinion as well, and I know that it emanates from the 73 Mach in your (or fathers) possession. Im sure that most 73 guys arent fond of the 2000 Eleanor , but once again, I must fall back on Zookeepers wisdom and inquire if we all are not discussing the movie car, or the hi dollar mods of Sanderson . FOR THE RECORD, I STAND WITH ZOO . I dont like the "continuation Shelby"... I mean, in say, 1984 , it may have been a 6 cylinder sitting behind a house in Scranton PA with garbage inside of it. Im obviously glad it wouldnt be in that situation anymore , but this "continuation" stuff just seems to piss a lot of people off. Mainly because everyone knows its a money thang . I love the movie car. Not the new "E" . I think Zoos right, half of these posts are referring to the GT500 E and half refer to "Eleanor". :shrug:

The 73 is in MY possession, it is a project my husband and my self are undertaking. I don't dislike Eleanore because of the 73-I didn't like it 2000, WAY before we bought the 73, and before I knew the 2000 GISS was based on a movie made in 1974. Our friends 65 is modded, and I love that car (I'd take in a heart beat), so it's not that I don't like modded stangs either. Just a personal opnion. My husband actually does like Eleanore, just for the record, so again, opinions regarding Eleanore don't nessesarily emenate from the 73 version...

electricgreen said:
My husband actually does like Eleanore, just for the record, so again, opinions regarding Eleanore don't nessesarily emenate from the 73 version...

Thats cool. Especially if you saw the movie and just thought to your self, "self, I dont like that car".. If your 73 didnt play into it, and you SIMPLY dont like the car , anybody thats got a problem with that is an idiot. Thats why there were so many diffrent types and options on Mustangs. Individual tastes. Sorry if you misunderstood me . I like 73s too. I pretty much like all the year models except the 2s. BUT , the KC's are pretty cool looking.

the R-model apron not belonging on a street car, all I can say is, yeah, right. We all know how much protection those burly Mustang bumpers offer, so why even mention it being a "race-only" item? :rolleyes:
Zoo, Some State DMV laws are that a Bumper is required equipment.

I guess it's just my belief (somewhere between SD and Hop) that mods to a 'Stang ought to serve some useful purpose. 4-wheel disks, better seats, better tires, and better lights (Edbert) make a safer and better handling machine. Sound system upgrades, an EFI 393W, Tremec-3550, etc.... (my little pipe-dream) just make it's use more fun , which is why we want to drive cars older than approximately 1/2 the members of this board. :flag:

Well I Guess that You have Company. :D

My Toy is Working on being Old School as it's called today.
Have Close too Completely Stock Mach1 and doing what was done to Muscle Cars back When. :cool:

I did the Race cars back Then, Now I want more of a Balance to it.

Or as the Wife calls it "having High School with Comfort." :rlaugh:

She came to life as a Mach 1 H code 351c 2V auto A/c 3.00 :cheers:
A Good Starting point for a Little TLC and some new parts.

She now Hoof Beats with a 351CJ 4V 4sp 3.50 posi,2 1/2 alum tubed xover Magna flow exh, And A few Updated items for More comfort, Cd 6spkr softer leather seats, wood steering wheel, Tach,
extra floor padding.
The Chassis has been Brought To Factory Spec's with total replacement parts, Front Steering and suspension, Adding newer graphfite bushings, export brace, SubFrame connecters, Lakewood trac bars, 1 in rear swaybar, New Brake system, Crager Rims with wider tires.

The Gal has Everything Replaced,Rebuilt or New But the motor. :(

It's going under the Wrench's SOON!

Not your complete stocker, But not the stroked version eather.

Her usual Rides are 1k mile round trips long weekends. :banana:

So not giving up the a/c But want a few more ponys.

:sleep: