ok Someone help please, problems with A/C and heater fan!!??

silverlx5.0

Sep 23, 2003
Houston
HELP ME STANGNET !ok Someone help please, problems with A/C and heater fan!!??

I have a 93 LX 5.0 and my A/C will blow cold, my heater blow hot, it will also change speeds from hi to low no problem, but no matter what I put it on (defrost, A/C, floor, Vents, Mix) it will only blow out of the defrost vents, what is :bang: going on? What do I need to replace? Thanks everyone...

• Sponsors (?)

A lot more guys know more about this than I do, but it sounds like something under the dash in the way of vacuum lines is not working or else a vacuum can is not functioning properly. Are you certain all the lines are hooked up the way they came off to begin with? I'm hoping some more knowledge will come up in new replies.

It has got to be a vacuum problem. The HVAC system uses vacuum to open & close the actuators that control air flow through the ducts. One of the vacuum lines may have some cracks in it around where it connects to the control switch or actuator.

On the driver's side of the firewall, there is a vacuum "tree." Check the line with the letters "A/C" above it. Follow this line across the firewall to the passenger side and check for any cracks or loose connections. This is the line that supplies vacuum to the HVAC system. If that line is okay, you will need to start checking lines under the dash.

Good luck.