Roush Old magazine covers

• Sponsors (?)

I have both of those first two issues in my Saleen collection but gave up on Hot Rod magazine back in 1975 when they tested a 455HO Trans Am against a deTomaso Pantera in a drag test.

Imagine a magazine conducting a drag test between a big block muscle car & a mid-engined European sports car & being taken seriously?!? :rolleyes:

I'll always remember the money quote from that article as a classic example of a magazine's editorial staff being utterly shameless shills for a particular manufacturer & genre of vehicle; "At half the price, the Trans Am is twice the car."

Ah, where were we... :OT:

Jonsey said:
Mr. Bomb, if you want to sell the first mag I will buy it. I have the other two.

I haven't decided if I'm going to keep them or not. If I decide to get rid of them I'll let you know.

I've had them since 1989. Might not be likely I get rid of them. Who knows :D I have another stack of mustang mags with california specials in them too. Can you tell what my two fav mustangs were in 1989?

Me too burrito, me too. I graduated HS in 1989 and had a GT/CS. I'd see the Saleens driving around all the time and lust over them in person, at shows, and in magazines.

I feel I got the best of both worlds right now. Classic retro styling and a Saleen. As Julie Andrews says at Disneyland... Dreams do come true :D

Yeah what the heck. I'll sell it. Jonsey gets Hot Rod and 89SSC18 gets the Mustang Monthly.

My price is a hardy "Thanks"

PM me with your addresses and I'll figure out the best way to ship these w/o much damage.

I'm still bummed they plastered my mailing label on the Mustang Monthly right on the pic. Maybe you can finesse it off.

Edit: Or Jonsey we could meet for the handoff. Whatever works. Might be easier to ship though. Pretty busy with "nesting" rituals around here (wife is due in Jan and the projects keep on piling up).

My son's is December 18th and your right it takes away form x-mas. I have a daughter too. Make sure you invest in a high quality firearm for when she starts to date.:D

I have educated both my kids on the virtues of Mustangs. Of course, the battle is on for who gets the Saleen when I croak.:bang: