OMG, They did it now :(

• Sponsors (?)

Here are the specs on it.

MUSTANG GT-R Specifications

Body
Lightweight RPS body panels with carbon fiber hood, aero devices, instrument panel, interior door panels and floor heal pads
Engine — Ford Racing 5.0L "Cammer" V8
Configuration
V-8, aluminum block, aluminum four-valve cylinder heads, forged aluminum pistons

Bore x Stroke
94 mm bore x 90.0 mm stroke

Displacement
5.0 liters (302 cu in/4995 cc)

Compression ratio
11.0:1

Horsepower
440 @ 7000 rpm

Torque
400 lb-ft @ 5500 rpm

Redline
7,000 rpm

Valvetrain
Double overhead camshafts, four valves per cylinder

Intake valves
Two per cylinder, 38 mm

Exhaust valves
Two per cylinder, 32 mm

Throttle body
Twin 57 mm

Drivetrain

Transmission
Ford Racing/Tremec T-56 6-speed

Rear axle
Winters/Ford 9-inch design

Gear ratios

1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
Final drive
4.56:1

Differential
Winter's race-spec rear differential

Clutch
Ford Racing "Cobra R" heavy-duty clutch/flywheel assembly

Driveshaft
Metal matrix composite aluminum custom driveshaft

Exhaust
Complete stainless steel race exhaust with Tri-Y design headers, crossover and side exit tips

Chassis and Suspension

Chassis
Fully reinforced fabrication

Suspension
Original production geometry with lightweight chrome-moly tube (aircraft quality) construction

Front
Reverse-L independent rigid strut tower brace with lightweight chrome-moly K-member and race-spec anti-sway bar with 1.25-inch box section

Rear
Three-link, solid axle with dynamic, fully adjustable shocks with remote reservoirs and coil-over springs, race-spec 1.25-inch panhard rod, and race-spec anti-sway bar

Brakes

Front
Brembo Racing 6-piston calipers and 14.3-inch rotors, 1.25-inch thickness

Rear
Brembo Racing 4-piston calipers and 13-inch rotors, 1.25-inch thickness

Wheels & Tires

Front
Pirelli P275/35/20 racing slicks
20 x 10-inch, 5-spoke billet aluminum wheels

Rear
Pirelli P315/30/20 racing slicks
20 x 11-inch, 5-spoke billet aluminum wheels

that is not a rice stang in any sense of the word... some of you guys are ridiculous....its a fully functional race car...I'm amazed that people would call it rice. Building a race car is not about winning beauty contests(although i think its great looking) its about crossing the finish line first...the Y2k Cbra R's wing is just as big as that is and this new concept car would beat the Y2K R like a redheaded step child. But i dont see anyone calling the Y2K R ricey....i wonder if you realize how important that wing is to high speed stability, remember why the 03 Cobra is limited to 155mph?? because without the Y2K R's wing its unstable at speeds higher than that? and the Carbon fiber and composite body panels?? essential at the highest levels of racing, which it seems this car was built for. i say good for Ford for making this concept...and i cant wait to go down to NYC and see it at the auto show....

Anthony

What the hell is wrong w/ some of you? Its no diffrent then a 2000 Cobra R its just in the 2005 body style, Side exhaust, big rear wing, same thing as the 2000 Cobra R and dont dare any of you tell me that you wouldent give up your left nut to have one either.

VIPERn94Five-0 said:
that is not a rice stang in any sense of the word... some of you guys are ridiculous....its a fully functional race car...I'm amazed that people would call it rice. Building a race car is not about winning beauty contests(although i think its great looking) its about crossing the finish line first...the Y2k Cbra R's wing is just as big as that is and this new concept car would beat the Y2K R like a redheaded step child. But i dont see anyone calling the Y2K R ricey....i wonder if you realize how important that wing is to high speed stability, remember why the 03 Cobra is limited to 155mph?? because without the Y2K R's wing its unstable at speeds higher than that? and the Carbon fiber and composite body panels?? essential at the highest levels of racing, which it seems this car was built for. i say good for Ford for making this concept...and i cant wait to go down to NYC and see it at the auto show....

Anthony

And thats fine because it is YOUR opinion. My opinion is in its current state it is ricey, whether it is all functional or not, and I dont appreciate being called ridiculous for my opinion of this car. Now if it was all black, I may have a different opinion on it. as for the cobra R, the wing it has follows well with its body lines, therefore it does not look ricey, to ME.

Striped5.0 said:
What the hell is wrong w/ some of you? Its no diffrent then a 2000 Cobra R its just in the 2005 body style, Side exhaust, big rear wing, same thing as the 2000 Cobra R and dont dare any of you tell me that you wouldent give up your left nut to have one either.

You can keep the body, just give me the motor and drivetrain. :D

This is a race car, it is not meant for street driving. Plus, why do you think ricers make their car like that? They want to look like a race car! They look horribly rediculous doing it but that is what they are aiming for. I my opionion these cars should not go on the street, they should be saved for the race track, but some of them may perform better without that 20 pound ugly huck of plastic on the back of their car, unless it is rear wheel drive and functional.

Green_Meanie said:
My opinion is in its current state it is ricey, whether it is all functional or not, and I dont appreciate being called ridiculous for my opinion of this car.
You're entitled to your opinion. However, one thing I find ridiculous is how much the definition of "rice" has changed. It used to be non-functional showy stuff on street cars that was meant for a race car. Now even a real race car is ricey for using a functional wing. I personally think it's a great car, for what it is built to do -- but put it on the street looking like that and I'll call the wing "ricey". There's a big difference IMHO.

Dave

Green_Meanie said:
And thats fine because it is YOUR opinion. My opinion is in its current state it is ricey, whether it is all functional or not, and I dont appreciate being called ridiculous for my opinion of this car. Now if it was all black, I may have a different opinion on it. as for the cobra R, the wing it has follows well with its body lines, therefore it does not look ricey, to ME.
I dont see one thing on that car that can be cosidered "rice." An aluminum wing alone is not rice, it only becomes rice once some loser in a Honduh puts it on the wrong end of their car. I think its a badass car. Plus its nice to see a "5.0" in a new Ford. :nice:

HairyCanary said:
You're entitled to your opinion. However, one thing I find ridiculous is how much the definition of "rice" has changed. It used to be non-functional showy stuff on street cars that was meant for a race car. Now even a real race car is ricey for using a functional wing. I personally think it's a great car, for what it is built to do -- but put it on the street looking like that and I'll call the wing "ricey". There's a big difference IMHO.

Dave

I was under the impression this would be a "Street legal" race car, sold to be on the street like one of the top vipers. That is why I called it ricey, because on the street it would never reach the speeds to make that wing "fully" functional. If this is a track only car, then it would need the wing and then I woul;d retract my statement for it being ricey, but it still needs a new paint job. :D

HairyCanary said:

Dave

The Term Rice has been thrown all out of WACK!! Its annoying as hell to when people call something rice and its not even rice to begin with. An above post said that the GT-R is a Race car. That is correct, there fore it has things such as a large wing side exhaust ( hence Nascar set ups) and other options that seperate it from a regular street car. What ricers do is they try to copy this but by all means they dont have anything close to a race car at all. You cant call a car like the GT-R rice b/c its not trying to copy the F&F cars, its built b/c thats they way it has to be built. The cars that are rice are the ones who try to copy this imiage but they have no nuts under the hood to back it up. Some of you really need to step back and think about what rice really is b/c most of your views on it are seriously messed up. My .02

i like that car its sick lookin, i dont mind the wing that much, but i think it would look cooler with the 2000 cobra R wing, just move those two things holding it up a little further apart.

SN95StangMan said:
I dont see one thing on that car that can be cosidered "rice." An aluminum wing alone is not rice, it only becomes rice once some loser in a Honduh puts it on the wrong end of their car. I think its a badass car. Plus its nice to see a "5.0" in a new Ford. :nice:

A crappy looking wing is a crappy looking wing no matter what car its on.