OMG, They did it now :(

• Sponsors (?)

Striped5.0 said:
The Term Rice has been thrown all out of WACK!! Its annoying as hell to when people call something rice and its not even rice to begin with. An above post said that the GT-R is a Race car. That is correct, there fore it has things such as a large wing side exhaust ( hence Nascar set ups) and other options that seperate it from a regular street car. What ricers do is they try to copy this but by all means they dont have anything close to a race car at all. You cant call a car like the GT-R rice b/c its not trying to copy the F&F cars, its built b/c thats they way it has to be built. The cars that are rice are the ones who try to copy this imiage but they have no nuts under the hood to back it up. Some of you really need to step back and think about what rice really is b/c most of your views on it are seriously messed up. My .02

Rice- making a car look like soemthing its not. We on the same page here?

So, what about all the fake Saleens and fake Cobras rolling around? Is that not the same as some Honda fool making his look like a type R? Yet we call the Honda guy ricey, but we encourage the Stangers? Hypocracy?

Green_Meanie said:

So, what about all the fake Saleens and fake Cobras rolling around? Is that not the same as some Honda fool making his look like a type R? Yet we call the Honda guy ricey, but we encourage the Stangers? Hypocracy?

personally i dont like fake saleens or cobras, i dont see anything wrong with using saleen bumpers or cobra bumpers or wings or stuff like that but i dont like when people try to fake their car as a cobra or saleen by using the saleen numbers or cobra snakes on the sides. also if all big wings are ricey then i guess the 1969 dodge daytona is ricey :nice:

I love it, it demands attention from everyone...

I do agree with the wing and the pedestals that hold it up...make them wider and it will look GREAT. The new body looks so broad and that wings "legs" are about as close together as a virgin... :rlaugh:

Man that thing probably sounds sick.... If i got one i would just walk around everytime i got out of it like... :spot:

Green_Meanie said:

You can put a full Saleen/ Cobra body kit on a GT and its not rice as long as you dont go around saying .....yeah its a 351 Saleen Mustang. Badges are a diffrnet story, badge swapping is a :nono: in my book but body kits are a diffrent story as long as you dont pawn it off as something its not.

Function over Fashion = NOT Rice

Fashion over Function = Total Rice

So what do you think those ricer wings were trying to emulate?? Racecars!!

GT-R Looks like a racecar, acts like a racecar, probably even smells like a racecar... Must be.....

Green_Meanie said:
I was under the impression this would be a "Street legal" race car, sold to be on the street like one of the top vipers.
Not even close -- look at some of the pictures, especially of the interior and under the hood. No interior, full roll cage, etc, etc -- it's not meant for anything other than raw performance.

Dave

Green_Meanie said:
No, I agree with you, a false trim upgrade is rice. I have somewhat less problem with it if the upgrade is complete, right down to the engine & suspension, but it's still basically wrong. I've thought about doing a Saleen body kit on my car, but I would do everything *but* the word "Saleen" anywhere on the car.

Dave

Rice would be if that GT-R had a 130HP 4 banger in it. 500HP is definitely NOT rice, no matter what package it comes in. I love the car but they should definitely re-design the wing.