? on paint and care

Fallen_Angel

Apr 1, 2005
Hi all, I'm new here and have a question I'm helping you guys can help me with. I bought a 69 mustang about a year ago, stripped it down, took it to the paint/body shop, just got it back about a month ago, and I"m in the process of putting all the trim pieces back on (the weatherstripping is kicking my ass, lol ,and I don't know where half of these pieces go now)

BUT, my question is this: I had the car painted Viper red with the flat black hood, I think it's the mach1 paint scheme? (meaning there is some viper red on the hood as well then the flat black is about 4" in from the end of the hood)

My question is, I have to give the car a good washing and he said I'll need to wax it, but what am I supposed to do about the flat black part of it? I'm sure I can't wax that, and if not what if anything do I do to protect the finish? Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated! This is my first "project" car, I talked my husband into letting me get one (he has 3 already, a 69 camaro a 66 gto and a 67 chevelle ss), but he said I'm on my own with it so I can't really get any advice from him, plus he's not real into fords anyway. Thanks again!

Angel

• Sponsors (?)