Roush $$ On Painting a Saleen Speedster Cover

gonen20

Jan 27, 2006
Anybody have any idea or Clue of what it should cost to have a Saleen Speedster Tonneau Cover Painted the Same color as the car with the black up on the front part like as if it came from Saleen ??? Any good painters one could recomend in Cali???:scratch:

• Sponsors (?)

Marcus, Do you have contact information on this painter?? Has he painted something for you before??? Also, I noticed that your sig is down to one car!:shrug: Did you finally sell the convertible????

gonen20 said:
Marcus, Do you have contact information on this painter?? Has he painted something for you before??? Also, I noticed that your sig is down to one car!:shrug: Did you finally sell the convertible????

Paint & Body By Santini
(714) 891-8895 7416 Westminster Blvd
Westminster, CA

I'm down to one Saleen but have another mustang on the way. :D All I need to do now is get my GTO from PA to the Saleen Ranch Orange County.:D

marcus95 said:
All I need to do now is get my GTO from PA to the Saleen Ranch Orange County.:D

......Forgot to mention that the OC Saleen Ranch only accepts ford powered vehicles. Unless you are dropping in a 427 side-oiler into that GTO of yours, it might have to sit outside under a car cover :lol:

OK, you talked me into it, it doesn't have to be Ford powered, just no POS ricers and any car can have a spot :nice:

Hey guys, THX for all the info for painting the Speedster cover! I will definately give both places a jingle and hope to have this painted in time for the Fabulous Fords Fever Show at Knotts Berry Farm in April! Cali S281, I got a fairly good deal on the cover out of the Long Beach Area in California! Its already Painted Black and its an Authentic Saleen 99-04 Speedster Cover and I got it for $200.00 Cash! :nice: That's a Pretty good deal in my book!

Marcus, Congratulations on your New Project!:D Although I'm sad to see all you Saleens go! If you need some help with the New Project just say the word! My dad and I used to do ground up restorations on 64 to 66 Mustangs so I know just a little about these cars!:)

Todd,

If the price is anywhere close to what Marcus thinks, I would go for Santini, as well. I have seen killer work from his shop for over twenty years.

OT: Marcus, I can’t believe the S351 is gone. I hope to see that car again one day. :(

Head Paneer said:
Todd,

If the price is anywhere close to what Marcus thinks, I would go for Santini, as well. I have seen killer work from his shop for over twenty years.

OT: Marcus, I can’t believe the S351 is gone. I hope to see that car again one day. :(

Thanks Dennis. She was a beauty! Most likey won't see her again becuase of two reasons. 1. She went back east and 2. I have a bad feeling she will end up in a tree.

marcus95 said:
Santini in Westminster won't charge you more than $250 and it will be perfect. The best part is he actually knows what a Saleen Mustang is.

Hey Marcus, I just wanted to let you know that I had a chance to get a hold of Santini's in Westminister, and they want $500 to paint the Speedster Cover and they also acted like they weren't sure what a Saleen was???:scratch: Did you know someone here or have some paint done before by someone particular??? I didn't drop you name, should I have???

gonen20 said:
Hey Marcus, I just wanted to let you know that I had a chance to get a hold of Santini's in Westminister, and they want $500 to paint the Speedster Cover and they also acted like they weren't sure what a Saleen was???:scratch: Did you know someone here or have some paint done before by someone particular??? I didn't drop you name, should I have???

You need to talk to Santini himself or his son. I'm really suprised at that price. Maybe he is out of town? and his sanders are running the place while he is gone?
Try calling Johan at Lomita Sportscar Center.

http://www.automagicnetwork.com/sports_car.htm

Johan is the owner. Tell him I sent you.

sal07b said:
:nonono: Didn't think you'd "really" part with the S351. What Mustang is in your future now??

Everything is for sale. It's all about what someone is willing to pay. You didn't see it advertised did you? I think not.:D

As for Mustang future I have my eye on an "older" mustang.:D

marcus95 said:
Everything is for sale. It's all about what someone is willing to pay. You didn't see it advertised did you? I think not.:D

As for Mustang future I have my eye on an "older" mustang.:D

I second that motion!! If I could get my hands on an "older" mustang like Marcus, the coupe would be gone for sure and maybe even the speedster if the right price was offered!!