? on the 4.6.....

Phatt_daddy

Apr 22, 2005
Hytop, AL
So I just aquired a new ride............ Although it isn't a stang, it still has the heart of one. Which brings me to my question. Back when the 4.6 was released in the Stangs they ended up having an intake manifold problem in the crossover pipe and the alt bracket. Was the replacement intake covered as a warantee replacement or would I have to foot the bill? Reason I ask is that the Grand Marquis that I picked up is a '97 with the 4.6 and the same style intake as the '96- '98 Stangs before the upgrade with the aluminium crossover.

Thanks,
Nate

• Sponsors (?)

So I just aquired a new ride............ Although it isn't a stang, it still has the heart of one. Which brings me to my question. Back when the 4.6 was released in the Stangs they ended up having an intake manifold problem in the crossover pipe and the alt bracket. Was the replacement intake covered as a warantee replacement or would I have to foot the bill? Reason I ask is that the Grand Marquis that I picked up is a '97 with the 4.6 and the same style intake as the '96- '98 Stangs before the upgrade with the aluminium crossover.

Thanks,
Nate

Don't know about the alt bracket problem but the crossover I'm sure is not covered anymore. But, you'll still need to do this swap. You can get a replacement manifold with aluminum crossover for around $200 if you search. I have one sitting in my garage that I would let go for postage. PM me to discuss it if you want.