Once and For All.....Door to Body Weather Stripping Shootout

• Sponsors (?)

Apr 14, 2003
Cuba, AL
Well, it's Monday. I got the first set of door seals in late Friday. These are from Fairchild Industries. They are still in the box waiting on the others to arrive. I also got an email and Metro Moulded Parts is shipping their product out today so that completes the list of companies I was hoping to get seals from.

Just a note for information purposes, as of right now I have not heard back from CJ Pony Parts. They said that would at least call me back but nothing as of this posting. As stated above, they have a set that supposedly isn't one of the ones I have. They are a popular company and I'd like to test these if possible.
Each company has received an email with this thread link and a couple has mentioned that they are watching it. Thanks to all of you!

More to come this week as all the products start to make it to my door.

90sickfox

I didn't really have an issue with the stink...
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
Your local college/ university may have the equipment needed to do the materials tests. If you can get them on board you may be able to reach out to the big mustang mag and get it published. Very interesting test here.

Apr 14, 2003
Cuba, AL
Just got an email from CJ Pony Parts. Their part #WSDR5P is the Fairchild Industries product after all. This is good to know because I have that already on hand. This is the one on their website that sells for $29.99. Thanks to them for getting back to me today.

Mustang5L5

Car used in adult film "Highway Gangbang-InDaButt"
SN Certified Technician
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Can you list out what you have an what vendors sells what at some point when you have all the samples in hand?

Apr 14, 2003
Cuba, AL
Your local college/ university may have the equipment needed to do the materials tests. If you can get them on board you may be able to reach out to the big mustang mag and get it published. Very interesting test here.
Been thinking about this. The brain is still churning but I'll keep ya posted...lol. Thanks!

Apr 14, 2003
Cuba, AL
Can you list out what you have an what vendors sells what at some point when you have all the samples in hand?
Yes, definitely. I'll make a list or something once I see what's actually in the boxes. One of my goals is for every reseller to list whose product it is. No use buying the same stuff twice if you are trying to find what works for you. I do appreciate the ones who had no problem telling me who made their in-house seals.

Mustang5L5

SN Certified Technician
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Your local college/ university may have the equipment needed to do the materials tests.
I might have something I can use here at my work that might be of some value. I'll need to investigate first though because we primarily deal with metals so my equipment could be useless for rubber.

If I do have something, i'd just need a small 2" or so section. IIRC when I did my install, they supply you with an extra 6-8" or so of material..i think.

Apr 14, 2003
Cuba, AL
I've received the door seals from Soff Seal part #FD3000. When I spoke with them they told me that they were connected with trimparts.com in some way. Just wanted to give a quick shot of the bag that I got. As you can see it's labeled GM Restoration Parts. The website says their parts are licensed GM Restoration parts. Also, notice they are made in India. I'm waiting on all products to arrive before I do any product pictures or even take them out of the bags that they've all come in so far.

Attachments

kendawg73

Feb 5, 2014
I've received the door seals from Soff Seal part #FD3000. When I spoke with them they told me that they were connected with trimparts.com in some way. Just wanted to give a quick shot of the bag that I got. As you can see it's labeled GM Restoration Parts. The website says their parts are licensed GM Restoration parts. Also, notice they are made in India. I'm waiting on all products to arrive before I do any product pictures or even take them out of the bags that they've all come in so far.
hmmm, I wouldn't use that..... bad things will happen if you use GM restoration parts on your Mustang.... it makes them go slower for sure....

Apr 14, 2003
Cuba, AL
Friday Update. Yesterday evening I got a box in from Daniel Carpenter. I haven't looked at this one yet so no packaging details. Some of the packaging details I'm giving you guys would never be known for the ones that are wholesale since some companies repackage in their own branded packages. I think it's interesting stuff to know though. I got word that I have one more box waiting for me today so I should have that this evening. I'll let y'all know anything I can on that one as well.

Mustang5L5

SN Certified Technician
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Pretty sure when I ordered from

LMR my DCMR parts came in their original packaging with an LMR sticker slapped on it somewhere

Apr 14, 2003
Cuba, AL
Well, we now have all the requested door seals in. Time to get started taking pictures and measuring. Putting all this together will take some time because I want to be thorough. I've already posted one picture of a bag that came in but I'm going to show how each product arrived and was packaged. I never really thought much about this until I started getting these in and got to see how each company packaged their products. I'm not referring so much to the way the shipping company handled them but more about the internal method of packaging. Believe it or not, there are a difference and a benefit. More to come on that.

I ended up with a pair of door seals from Fairchild Industries, Soffseal, and Metro Rubber. I also received a single door seal from Daniel Carpenter. In addition, I already had on-hand Late Model Restoration's Item #LRS-20708A-K. These are the cheaper LMR seals. I will list all part numbers in the next post along with the pictures, etc.