Once and for all what kind of motor mounts rubber or poly?

Energy Suspension engine & trans mounts for several years now. Shouldn't really notice any increased vibration unless you have other issues.
I did at first, still a stick back then, had a throwout bearing that was going bad. The Prothane mounts will raise the engine 3/4"-1". I wouldn't use them. As far as the 8.8", I'd get the Ford Racing 31 spline pumpkin & axles & do it myself. Not bad to do & alot less then $1400.

• Sponsors (?)

I thought the explorers had 31 spline diffs in them?
You are not up to speed on your redneck car guy vocabulary. It’s not a Diff...its a “Pumpkin” :doh: or maybe it’s a “ Chunk”.
Who came up with these dumb assed nick name for the middle part of a rear end? I’ll bet it was The Beach Boys, or little Ronnie and the Daytona’s.

Last edited:
You are not up to speed on your redneck car guy vocabulary. It’s not a Diff...its a “Pumpkin” :doh: or maybe it’s a “ Chunk”.
Who came up with these dumb assed nick name for the middle part of a rear end? I’ll bet it was The Beach Boys, or little Ronnie and the Daytona’s.

Probably didn't help, but Shutdown is still one of my favorite songs. My Dad had a 1967 Corvette Stingray convertible... (that an awesome car). so that probably has something to do with it.

I prolly should have used a period so you would have known it was an abbreviation, and you still did not answer the question.
Did the Beach Boys really go to the beach?
Was Little Ronnie little?
Did the Daytona's ever go to Daytona?
WELL? Did they?

I prolly should have used a period so you would have known it was an abbreviation, and you still did not answer the question.
Did the Beach Boys really go to the beach?
Was Little Ronnie little?
Did the Daytona's ever go to Daytona?
WELL? Did they?
Wait..........You are answering one of my replies about stupid automotive word usage using the word “prolly” ?

• Haha
  • Winner
Reactions: 1 users

Karthief has liked that word ever since this thread! :jester:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
It's personal preference. The rubber ones have less vibration, but fail sooner. Supposedly they hurt torque transfer, but I doubt you'll notice the difference.

Kurt

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Oh, and while many believe the vibration from solid motor mounts to be personally acceptable to their comfort, I assure you the car does not. I have worked on many cars that have solid mounts, and over time, they vibrate every bolt in the car loose.

Kurt

• Wow
Just saw this on LMR about them lousy fitting rubber engine mounts...
When they say "not much time / effort will be needed" I wonder.

Clearance Information
Due to the mass-produced nature of this motor mount, some mild clearancing may be needed for proper fitment. This is the same mount you would get at your local auto parts store as there is only one aftermarket manufacturer, so the same note applies. The areas that may need to be trimmed are where the mount may come in contact with the block & not allow proper alignment of the bolt holes. The corner of the mount flange may potentially come in contact with the coolant drain plug boss which might keep it from fully bolting up. These areas may vary, so a fitment check will need to be done before installation. Clearancing can be performed with a hand file, die grinder, bench grinder or dremel tool. The amount of material that may need to be removed is small, so not much time/effort will be needed.

Fitment Note
Will fit 79-83 Mustang with stock k-member if the slots for the mount stud are enlarged in the k-member and the locating studs on the mount are removed.

Application
-Fits 1984-95 Ford Mustang 5.0L/5.8L with stock K-member.
-Fits 1979-95 Ford Mustang 5.0L/5.8L with tubular k-member

Just saw this on LMR about them lousy fitting rubber engine mounts...
When they say "not much time / effort will be needed" I wonder.

Clearance Information
Due to the mass-produced nature of this motor mount, some mild clearancing may be needed for proper fitment. This is the same mount you would get at your local auto parts store as there is only one aftermarket manufacturer, so the same note applies. The areas that may need to be trimmed are where the mount may come in contact with the block & not allow proper alignment of the bolt holes. The corner of the mount flange may potentially come in contact with the coolant drain plug boss which might keep it from fully bolting up. These areas may vary, so a fitment check will need to be done before installation. Clearancing can be performed with a hand file, die grinder, bench grinder or dremel tool. The amount of material that may need to be removed is small, so not much time/effort will be needed.

Fitment Note
Will fit 79-83 Mustang with stock k-member if the slots for the mount stud are enlarged in the k-member and the locating studs on the mount are removed.

Application
-Fits 1984-95 Ford Mustang 5.0L/5.8L with stock K-member.
-Fits 1979-95 Ford Mustang 5.0L/5.8L with tubular k-member

So they are all Anchor brand? Had trouble with those too.

Kurt

Hmm, despite my poor "Redneck Vocabulary", you did know exactly what I was referring to. Which one would have to agree, lends some validation. And you still chose to be a bitch.

I had solid engine mounts in my car when I first bought it. The NVH (Noise Vibration and Harshness) was BRUTAL. My very first mod was to install rubber engine mounts and a rubber transmission mount. Zero regrets.