one dim head light, few ?'s

rbonella

Dec 15, 2008
@ home
I'll make this brief
all parking lights are bright
hazards are bright
when low AND high beams on=passenger side lights become dim (headlight, & 2 parking lights)??? running about 50% power

This is my protocol tonight:
check ground on pass side light
replace passenger bulb (process of elimination)
replace #4 fuse IN CAR to make sure its good
Check all connectors for corrosion
QUESTION:
Are there any in-line fuses in the engine bay for the lights that I need to check?
From the research I have done, it HAS TO BE
-fuse
-grounds
-bulb
-corrosion on wires/ connectors
Set me up for success fellas, am I missing any other things to check?
Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like you already checked it, but just to make sure... There should be a ground for the head lights just inside the engine compartment on the radiator support. It will be near where the headlights are; there is one for each side. Like I said, it sounds like you have already checked it, but I had a similar problem after hiding my wiring harness...turned out to be that I had broken a ground wire. I fixed it and no more problems. If they are intact, try wiggling them around and see if the headlights brighten up. Good luck and let us know what you find.

Both high and low should be on when using flash-to-pass (the only way to illuminate both at the same time). Are you sure the dimness isn't from either high or low not staying on during this time?

ok hissin50, just had my wife pull the flash-to-pass high beams with the lights on. When highs were pulled and held on, my pass headlight went out completely along with my corner ambers. The only light that stayed on was my blinker light.

Glad you got it. That was your clue - as you increased the load, the issue seemed to worsen. The ground pathway is primary in a circuit.