One more in the stable

Turbo II

Founding Member
Nov 19, 2000
Alberta, Canada
This has to be a disease! Haven't finished any of them yet but I couldn't resist picking up another :D

new77.jpg

It's another '77 with a 302/auto. Rough shape but for $100 CDN (~$75 U.S.) I couldn't pass it up.

• Sponsors (?)

:lol: Indeed it came with a set of rear louvres, sadly they are the aftermarket kind and are real flimsy aluminum (they blew right off trailering it home but I stopped and got them out of the ditch). My daughter has already claimed them for her T-top car. :rolleyes:

Afraid it doesn't have a chin spoiler. I did spot a nice parts car at the wreckers in their "prep" area but it never made it out to the yard like that. Somebody on the "inside" pulled off all the good stuff (dashpad, spoilers, engine mounts, hood scoop..etc) I got to it the day it went out and all I got off of it was a spare set of T-tops. :mad: Everything else even remotely salvageable was gone...I'll be watching the local "buy and sell" closely now.

This car is nicer than my other '77 so I think I'll keep it. Not sure on the other one, I just don't think I have the heart to part any II out :p

Geez Francis, i guess you really have been bitten by the bug!! One question though....How do you explain all these to the Wife?!?! :rlaugh:
That new one looks just like mine!!! Well, maybe it did a few years ago! :p Good luck with the new addition.

P.S. If you come a across a rust free (or close to it) body shell, let me know!

Wow, haven't been on a while..things look different :scratch:

Steve,

Fired it up today (just needed a new ignition lock cylinder and the housing) Runs great! C4 is good too, not that I needed another. Yanked out the one on the Ghia yesterday and rebuilt it CORRECTLY this time..so far so good. Saw your 2.3 pics...outstanding! you've been busy :nice:

Darren,

"How does the wife put up with them?".....LOL...Couldn't care less what the ex thinks! :D (she was ticked off I hadn't finished off the "project" when she ran off) Kids are happy though, they have the same "disease" :)

So what kind of "shell" are you looking for? Did you pick up the coupe with the rollcage? If your looking for a nice drag car you should PM Steve..I recall I nice tubbed '77 body for sale ;)

Francis

Hey Francis.....You got it made, no wife to pick on ya and kids who like II's...sahweet!! :nice:

I missed out on that coupe with the cage, i think my enthusiasm for it must of tipped of the guy, cause he changed his mind about selling it and tucked it away so no one else can see it. :shrug: It's too bad too, because that would of shot my project ahead. :(

I am looking for a fastback body (preferable) to replace mine. I have to replace both rear quarters and part of the floor in mine and that kind of intimidates me. :shrug: I'm an old Mechanic not an old Bodyman! :D

I want to ultimately autocross and run some Targa's with my project, so getting a good foundation is important.

offtopic.. but did a guy from performance-shop get a hold of you? He was looking for info on blow through turbos and carbs and i mentioned you to him. Since you are obviously talented in that region. :hail2: :hail2: :D

Turbo II said:
This has to be a disease! Haven't finished any of them yet but I couldn't resist picking up another :D

new77.jpg

It's another '77 with a 302/auto. Rough shape but for $100 CDN (~$75 U.S.) I couldn't pass it up.

Congratulations, I got my car for $200! :D I thought I got a great deal! :hail2: