One Piece At A Time....just Like Dave!

UK5EHv.jpg

CH8Kis.jpg

DOFP8P.jpg

52G3xP.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I got the drivers door prepped for paint today and my daughter helped me bolt it on. The alignment is absolutely perfect! I will finish the passengers side door tomorrow and then we will install that one and then I will paint them as we discussed.

L7IxGs.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, I have a question about the doors.... I have my front fenders off already (had to repair strut tower/framer rail area) so of course the door hing bolts are right there... can I just unbolt them from the outside or do you need to reach a nut or anything from the inside while turning the bolt? I haven't attempted to remove yet because I wasn't sure...

Hi, I have a question about the doors.... I have my front fenders off already (had to repair strut tower/framer rail area) so of course the door hing bolts are right there... can I just unbolt them from the outside or do you need to reach a nut or anything from the inside while turning the bolt? I haven't attempted to remove yet because I wasn't sure...
The doors are as easy as it looks but they are some heavy SOB's. Either have a helper or something sturdy you can place under the door to catch it as you unbolt it.

To Dave's comment on getting a lot done in short time...well, it's like this. My wife is gone until next Wednesday. I NEED to get this done before then. Not that she's a bi#ch or anything like that, it's just I hate making a huge mess when she's around. That look I get would make any one of you cry for your mommy....:oops:

Reactions: 1 users
To Dave's comment on getting a lot done in short time...well, it's like this. My wife is gone until next Wednesday. I NEED to get this done before then. Not that she's a bi#ch or anything like that, it's just I hate making a huge mess when she's around. That look I get would make any one of you cry for your mommy....:oops:
I wouldn't be scared, you gotta live with her, I can just go home.:rlaugh:

Looks good, will you need to do much cutting on the clear? I've done my share of amature paint/body work but for me there's never a perfect environment to do it.
I've used my small 2 car attached garage, sent the wife and kids out for the day, set-up fans to blow fumes out, keep door to house closed, got a lot of crooked looks from neighbors and could still smell it in part of the house.
I've sprayed outside on a nice day and dealt with bugs/debris in paint,had wind blow over freshly cleared fender.
Last time I used my buddies 6 car garage, tarpped off a bay and set fan w/filter in window, worked great but felt really bad when I left a big spot of reef blue on his garage floor..lol
Gotta say though I find it very rewarding and learn something each time.

Reactions: 1 user
Since my wife is gone, I spent my day with two strippers. Its not as exciting as I would have figured. The first one didn't seem strong enough to cut through the layers of paint on the front fenders. The second one was a stronger stripper and it ate through the paint pretty good. Got both front fenders down to bare metal and then etch primed them. Came out real nice. Heyyyy...what were you thinking..?

cvrsry.jpg

niZYuM.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
If I use a chemical stripper, it's usually aircraft stripper. That works pretty fast.

Don't be to bothered by the trash in the paint. You can buff out imperfections. Unless of course you have some monster Hawaiian bug caught In it. I think it'll look fantastic in the end.

Did you ever get a Marti Report on your car Chris? I'd be interested to know how many blue SSPs where made.

Got the passenger door bolted up today. We were able to align it nicely just like the driver's side.

UfC9jb.jpg

First time car has been out in the sun since paint. The color is as nice as I remember in the sun.

fWfGAU.jpg

Reactions: 4 users