Only have 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear.

scupking

Sep 18, 2005
Enfield, CT
My car has been in the shop for 2 weeks getting some more mods done. I had a 3200rpm none locking stall converter installed and a performance valve body. Well everything is good expect the engine now free revs when it tries to go into O/D. First, second and third have no issues, its just with over drive. So I'm thinking that one of the valves is stuck on the new valve body. My builder thinks the same thing. The good news is the place that built the valve body is going to build another one on Monday and over night it to the shop free of charge. I hope the valve body is the issue and nothing else. Over drive was working fine before the new valve body and I don't think the stall converter would cause the issue. I have to pick up the car tomorrow from the shop because my builder has another mustang coming in and he has no room for my car. So I get to drive an hour home with only three gears on the highway with 4.10 gears and a 3200rpm stall. As everyone says nothing goes right when it comes to installing mods. My builder had to take my headers off to drop the transmission to get the stall converter on and then it didn't fit right. He ended up taking the transmission out 4 times during the build to make sure everything was right. I know in the end everything will be how it should it just takes time.

• Sponsors (?)

Easier for him to take the transmission out 4 times than you!

It is certainly very possible the problem is the valve body.

Yeah that's what my builder thinks, the guy that built the valve body and also what I think. I tell ya I wish I went with the valve body and 3200rpm none locking converter a long time ago. Its a night and day difference.