Only took 28 cans of Krylon... pics of new paint job

moneypit94

May 23, 2003
Macomb, IL
Well here they are... The pictures didn't come out worth a damn. There was still a fog of clear coat in the room when i took them.

But the one of the passenger fender came out ok. Just emagine the rest just like that...

I will deffenetly be getting some more pictures... The colors are actually all pearls except for the black of coarse so they will react differently in different light...

Im very pleased... Especially for only 300 dollars extra over the price of the full paint job which includes him installing the new headlight clip (I broke it), new bumpers, new headlights, and a new hood... Costing me 2700 TOTAL for everything...

paint1.JPG

paint2.JPG

paint3.JPG

paint4.JPG

paint5.JPG

(like i said emagine the rest like the one below)
paint6.JPG

paint7.JPG

paint8.JPG

paint9.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

ECU5.0 said:
looks awesome, and how did you get that design from a can of krylon spraypaint?
I was kidding about the krylon of coarse... Actually it was all airbrushed on.. Took about 3 hours this morning to do. Then afterward he sprayed three coats of clear coat... The car has to be color sanded and buffed still..

I can't stress enough on how crappy those pics are... they give it no justice...

thanks for the compliments guys... Im VERY happy with it... Im still trying to get use to the way the lighting bolts start on the front of the hood though...

i see what you mean about them starting at a point, but it might not have worked if they were just continuing bolts starting from nowhere.

you should be really happy with that job. I'm kinda confused without better pics... are the lightening bolts color changing or the surrounding paint or both? it looks like what i though was black, changed a bit

donjohn said:
you should be really happy with that job. I'm kinda confused without better pics... are the lightening bolts color changing or the surrounding paint or both? it looks like what i though was black, changed a bit
better pics are deffenetly in order here... lol

Anyways the car is completely black except for the very front of the hood witch is like a fogged in purple and blue. (pics make it look almost grey?) The main veins of lightning are like a violet and white mix and then there are tons of little viens that are a blue and white mix...

The flash made everything come out as the same color on some of the pics i think. Actually though the blue ones are pretty well ghosted in... In person it gave me chills on how realistic it looks...

Here is the picture i gave him... He liked the idea and stuck pretty much with color scheme and everything.

catoosa3.jpg

Yeah. That is one of the nicest paint jobs ive seen, I dont like flames either (except maybe thost ghost flames) but that lightning looks amazing. Its really a work of art, Awesome, I really cant wait to see the whole car together and in the sun.