Opinions about coolant in my oil.

dstanggt50

Founding Member
Sep 13, 2000
Woodinville, WA
Well, here go's

I recently sent my gt-40 to get the lower ported and when I took off the lower , I did not drain the coolant. I knew that this would get coolant in the oil, but didn't know how much( everytime I've done this I just drained the coolant, and changed the oil after a couple of test drive's), so when the intake was off I thought that my heads had a lot of crap in the intake ports, so I thought I would try some seafoam. Well, I already had bought new oil and filter along with some more coolant, but I didn't like the idea of running seafoam in the engine oil for that long, and didn't want to buy more oil, so I just thought put seafoam through the vacuum hose, some in the oil , and the rest in the gas tank and change the oil after the car smoked out all of the crap. Let the car run for about 15-25 min before it stopped smoking, changed the oil and noticed there was more coolant than I thought it would be. I'm kinda just looking for opinions if this was enough time to damage anything, the car runs pretty good, I haven't done a compression test to see if I screwed anything up, I just put it back together and work alot, don't really wanna work on it right now. (non daily driver) Sorry if its kinda long, just lookin for some opinions.

• Sponsors (?)

Drive the car more. if it's losing coolant, you have a leak and need to find it. If you are not losing coolant, you don't have a leak.

When you drained the oil, did you take out both drain plugs???? You need to do that to purge all of the old oil out of the system.
Scott

S/CBlack95GT said:
You didnt help anything, lets put it that way. Most likely you didnt do any damage if there was less than a cup of coolant in the oil. The bottom end bearings will be the most affected area, so just run it till it locks up on you.

If its the bottom end bearing that are in danger, I'm assuming a compression test wouldn't tell me anything??