Opinions/input needed on belt routing with Kenne Bell

caseywan

Apr 7, 2006
Chicago, IL
I'm building up my motor right now and will be installing the Kenne Bell 2.2 in a few weeks and need some input on the belt routing I have planned.

First off, I have a remote mount water pump that is inline in the lower radiator hose and the regular water pump "snout" has been shortened, so it will not interfere with the belt routing.

I also have the March pulley/alternator setup in the pic below which I was planning on using but routing it like in the drawing. The one lower idler is the one with the March kit, and the other idler by the supercharger is the one that's on the brackets for the KB.

My only concern is that there won't be very much wrap on the alternator pulley. Anybody have any suggestions or other pulley setups they think might work??

Pulleysetup22.jpg

Elec-W_P-sb-Ford_lg.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Alternator wrap o.k., Supercharger needs more wrap, and I hope you are going 10 rib on the belt and pulleys, the 6 rib will not hold, you will see lots of belt dust with just a 6 rib with the 2.2L blower. The 6 rib barely works with the entry level 1.5L blower.

Alternator wrap o.k., Supercharger needs more wrap, and I hope you are going 10 rib on the belt and pulleys, the 6 rib will not hold, you will see lots of belt dust with just a 6 rib with the 2.2L blower. The 6 rib barely works with the entry level 1.5L blower.

Thanks for the input guys...

I hadn't thought of running a 10 rib pulley setup, who makes pulleys for all the accessories in 10 rib?

I figured that would be enought wrap on the supercharger, but maybe I'll try one of the setups below. First one being getting another stock water pump and cutting the propeller off inside so it's basically just and idler. The second thought I had is maybe fabbing another idler pulley onto the bracket that came with the kenne bell.

Pulleysetup2.jpg

Pulleysetup23.jpg